Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: problem loading windows  (Read 5739 times)

lidave

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    problem loading windows
    « on: April 17, 2014, 07:35:26 AM »
    i have a sony vaio laptop which fails to load windows.i tried startup repair and it worked well.but know the problem is when i shut it down,when try to boot it repeats the same problem till i carry out startup repair....kindly help me on how i can solve this problem once and for all.
    thanks in advance.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: problem loading windows
    « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 03:05:54 PM »
    What is exact model# of laptop and any spec info beyond that of the default build if you added memory etc?

Also did this computer come with Windows 8 originally or is this an upgrade?

lidave

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 02:01:40 AM »
      DaveLembke its an upgrade. the model is sony vaio vgn-fe21b

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 12:48:09 PM »
      Thank You for the computer info. From that I was able to find the following.

■Intel Core Duo T2300 1.66 MHz
      ■1GB DDR2 SDRAM
      ■80GB disk
      ■1280x800 WXGA 15,4" LCD
      ■Double layer DVD-RW
      ■Nvidia GeForce Go 7400
      ■Intel pro wireless 3945

Concern I have is if you are trying to run Windows 8 on just 1GB of RAM and which version of 8 you are running, the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version?

If you added memory to this laptop or know that a prior owner added more memory it would be helpful to know how much memory you have in this system. There are a number of ways to find this info that I can share with you if your uncertain how to get this info.

Additionally this laptop is very weak for Windows 8. The GPU may actually complain.

I had a Toshiba Qosmio with an Intel Core Duo T2400 1.83Ghz with 2GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM, 160GB HDD, and GeForce 7300 that I tested beta of Windows 8 32-bit with and it did not run well at all, and this is with a slightly faster CPU than yours and possibly 2x more memory than you have. I was getting warnings that my GPU was unsupported, but it did work to display Windows.

Also for reference, I tried Windows 7 32-bit on this Intel Core Duo 1.83Ghz and it ran much better than Windows 8 did, but I also was getting complaints from Windows that the GPU was unsupported even with latest for the 7 series GeForce GPU driver. Disabling Windows Aero fixed most of the problems with the weak GPU and modern Windows OS.

Is this installation clean ( *Hard Drive was completely formatted )or is this an upgrade of XP or Vista to 8 in whichdata carried over from the old build?

Also it is assumed that this laptop ran trouble free prior to this upgrade or were there other problems?