Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New pc, wich prosessor  (Read 2763 times)

elo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    New pc, wich prosessor
    « on: April 22, 2014, 12:12:35 PM »
    I'm planning on buying a new laptop, around 840 usd/600 eur. 13-15", and if the pc is working better/faster/higher profarmce without DVD-drive, i wil take that.
     I think I could get what i need for that price
    (I live in Norway)

I have a quite powerful laptop now, bought it caused i used to play som games that need "power". No i just use the web, office, watch sosme downloads, stream music and a GPS-software.

How much will i notice the difference between
    Core I3
    Core I5
    Core I7
    Celeron
    AMD- prosessors.

I Understand that higher price is better proformnace, but is Celeron enoguh for my needs.

Shall I go for nettbook or notebook/tablet, or what it's called. If I have understood right, netbooks are thinner, lighter and you cant change batteries, but they are often higher on proformance, and with another type of harddisc so you get fatser back to work when restert after sleepmode f.ex.

And it also seems that Lenovo. Asus and Samsung is the top-three brands. What are your's recomandations.

Sorry for my bad english and messy text, but thanks for all input and tips.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: New pc, wich prosessor
    « Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 04:20:40 PM »
    i just use the web, office, watch sosme downloads, stream music and a GPS-software.
    For such use, anything will work. I mean almost anything.
    In most of the world a new laptop computer today can sell for tuner $400 and be much more powerful that a laptop  twice that prices 5 years ago.
    Here is a list of laptops under $200.
    http://www.laptopsunder.net/
    If you want to spend $800, look at this:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2334058,00.asp
    As for CPU power, even the lower prices models perform very well. IMHO the Intel  mid-range Core I5 would be a very good choice. Moderate cost, great performance.