Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Compiling Freenet  (Read 3382 times)

Trynxia

Topic Starter

• Experience: Expert
    Compiling Freenet
    « on: May 09, 2014, 09:58:34 AM »
    Hello people

For already a while now, I am trying to compile Freenet.

For those of you who do not know Freenet; Freenet is one of the "darknet"/privacy tools, others like it include TOR, Retroshare, i2p, Meshnet, and a couple others as well.

On the whole Internet, I could only find three tutorials, two clearnet, and one darknet

These are the links to the clearnet ones:

The deepweb one was from Freenet itself actually (found using linkageddon)

I am absolutely sure there are no other tutorials around, I searched with Google the clearnet, with TorFind, TorSearch, and TORCH the onion deepweb, and with linkageddon and nerdageddon Freenet itself

As you can see, I want to get my own self-compiled Freenet quite badly

This is the furthest I have come (until now):
    ~ I have figured what of the Ant compiler's files must be placed in the Freenet source code map
    ~ I have figured out that there should be a file named "override.properties", containing the text "lib.contrib.get = true", and that if there is not one already there, that I should than create it
    ~ I have figured out that I need to get the Bouncycastle library,
    ~ And finally I have also figured out that I need to get the Junit library,

And here are my problem, the things I need help with:
    ~ I do not really understand where to place the Bouncycastle library .jar file, I have read that it should be placed in a folder named "lib", but I just do not know what folder called "lib"
    I have already tried these:
    • C:\ant\lib
    • C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib
    • C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_45\lib
    • C:\Users\Jos Vos\Downloads\freenet-build01461-source.tar\freenet-build01461-source\freenet-build01461\lib

Note: When I have the library copied to all of these places at the same time, than nor "ant" neither "ant package-only" (this one is from the deepweb tutorial), and "ant -Dtest.skip=true -Ddoc.skip=true", work

~ I also do not really know where to place the junit library

thank you in advance

Ps. I am not looking for a .exe or a .msi, what I am looking for is a self-compiled "freenet.jar" (or something similar ending with .jar), this is because I know it is not possible to get a Freenet source code .exe (or at least it would be very hard) with Ant. I know this because of the two clearnet tutorials, these:

Pss. I just said that placing these libraries didn't work in these places:
    • C:\ant\lib
    • C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib
    • C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_45\lib
    • C:\Users\Jos Vos\Downloads\freenet-build01461-source.tar\freenet-build01461-source\freenet-build01461\lib

I actually know more, it also doesn't work when placed in these places:
    • C:\Users\Jos Vos\Downloads\freenet-build01461-source.tar\freenet-build01461-source\freenet-build01461
    • C:\Users\Jos Vos\Downloads\freenet-build01461-source.tar\freenet-build01461-source\freenet-build01461\lib\freenet
    • C:\Users\Niels van Hoof\Downloads\freenet-build01461-source.tar\freenet-build01461-source\freenet-build01461\build
    • C:\Users\Niels van Hoof\Downloads\freenet-build01461-source.tar\freenet-build01461-source\freenet-build01461\build\main, and
    • C:\Users\Niels van Hoof\Downloads\freenet-build01461-source.tar\freenet-build01461-source\freenet-build01461\build\test

What are those three last places for actually anyway?
    « Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:14:19 AM by Trynxia »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Compiling Freenet
    « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:28:45 AM »
    Looks like few are still into this kind of thing.
    Here on CH there is resistance to anything like an anonymous proxy or a peer to peer connection service. Because such things can be used  for both good and evil.
    freenet
    Web definitions

Freenet is a peer-to-peer platform for censorship-resistant communication. It uses a decentralized distributed data store to store information, and has a suite of free software for working with this data store. ...
    Presently, there are other efforts  to help users living user dictatorships.  In general, that sort of thing is not considered here on this forum.
    General reference:
    http://www.state.gov/j/drl/p/207063.htm
    Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor Request for Statements of Interest: Internet Freedom Programs