Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer not recognizing sd card  (Read 3071 times)

Paula

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    computer not recognizing sd card
    « on: May 16, 2014, 07:39:30 AM »
    I have been trying to find the answer to why my computer (hp pavilion dm4 windows 7) does not recognize my sd card.  I have had some issues with the computer slow and pro cleaners popping up, but do not know if I should run these (I am very much a beginner).  I am hoping nothing happened to the driver, but when I scanned it, they were OK. I keep getting a message that my drivers are out of date. 
    When I connected my camera or put in the sd card, the compute would automatically pop up the message box that asked if I wanted to import or view, etc.  Nothing comes up now. (I cannot even find the sd spot under "my computer" that shows the slot is available. 
    Please help, frustration of working and searching on this has been 3 hours and my head is about to explode.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: computer not recognizing sd card
    « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 07:57:52 AM »
    Pro Cleaner is junk and it'll likely do more harm than good...i'd actually use Add/Remove programs to un-install it...
    When you say you "scanned" for drivers what does this mean...is it one of those Driver finder apps ? ?
    If so i'd stay away from those as well.
    Also is this a built in card reader ? ?
    Probably the best approach for now would be to re-install ALL the drivers for the PC from the driver CD that shipped with the machine.
    Remember to re-boot afterwards.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "