Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ferrari virtual race not running  (Read 4393 times)

AVTAR SINGH

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    ferrari virtual race not running
    « on: May 28, 2014, 12:38:05 AM »
    i installed a game ferrari virtual race but it not running, a msg appeared on desktop "graphics adapter does not support minimum requirement ". what is it means? and how can i solve this probelm

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: ferrari virtual race not running
    « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 06:44:39 PM »
    Sounds like the GPU is too weak to play the game. What do you have for a computer make/model and video card if added if a desktop? If a custom build please supply all specs. If its a laptop make/model is plenty of info.

AVTAR SINGH

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 01:15:07 AM »
      my pc  is custom build

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 01:07:55 PM »
      So your running this system without a better video card ( GPU ), and running on Integrated Video. The motherboard you have that I found through the one screenshot you provided with specs has a PCIE 16x slot. You could probably install a $30 video card to squeek by with that game.

Your Motherboard Link:
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135232

Suggested Cheap Video Card:
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130602

Note: If you want to run more advanced games, you may want to get an even more powerful video card, however power supply wattage would be in question if you buy a high end video card.

One problem you might also be facing with this game is that this game is old and was created to work on as little processing power as a Pentium 4. The GPU detection routine might look at a more modern GPU as unknown and claim that it doesnt meet the requirements. Usually with the GeForce GPU's though GPU detection type of games will detect that its nVidia and be happy with it.

What is the most advanced game or video application you will use this for btw?