Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 8.1 - Apps won't connect to internet  (Read 7042 times)

ZeroPointModule

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows 8.1 - Apps won't connect to internet
    « on: May 23, 2014, 04:48:09 AM »
    I got an Asus Transformer Book T-100 a week and a half ago and have been pretty pleased with it. However, yesterday I booted up the Comixology to finish up a comic, and noticed I could access my archived books because I was logged out. I tried entering my login information but was told the app couldn't reach Comixology. Trying to connect to the Windows 8 app store throws up a similar issue.

Anyone know what might be wrong? It's super infuriating.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows 8.1 - Apps won't connect to internet
    « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 10:48:44 AM »
    This might not be a Windows 8 problem.
    Are you able to connect to other Internet sites? Like  Google, MSN or Yahoo?
    Does your modem or router indicate a valid connection? Has this ever happlended before with you older computer?

If you can not resolve this problem with reasonable effort, you inform the vendor or store that you are having trouble.
    Here is why I say  this. Once in awhile new computers fail after several hours of use. It just happens. It is too to expensive to do 100% quality control. That is why stores have return policies. You may have to return the item and get a full refund.

Some advice. Never admit that you might have done something wrong.You didn't . Computer systems sold to consumers are almost fool-proof. It is not your fault.

Hope you get it resolved.  :)

yaco

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 05:40:31 PM »
      This may be caused by the error of computer errors.
      You can download the latest driver() from official website according the infoemation of your computer. Drivers on its official website is free and safe. If you van not find the drivers on official website, you can try DriverTuner which can download all computer drivers automatically. DriverTuner can scan your computer and find out which driver you need to update and do that for you within 2 minutes if you need.
      « Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:25:01 PM by patio »

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 06:26:13 PM »
      Mentioned it once already...stop referring driver finder sites...it's not what we do here.

Next instance will be a Ban

patio.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "