Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Un Nest Different Types of Files, all one level down  (Read 3397 times)

Mayuukosan

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Un Nest Different Types of Files, all one level down
« on: May 30, 2014, 06:22:15 PM »
Hello All!

Using Windows 7 64 bit.

My situation:
I use Google Play to organize/manage/purchase my music. As I was testing it out, I was using my "secondary" account, and now I want to move this music to my "main" google account. Recently, I downloaded my library (a good set of 10k files or so) but it places all of the songs in folders with the album name, the rest of my library is organized under artist. I would prefer the songs to be all in the same directory.

However, there are multiple file types (depending on whether I uploaded the music, bought it on iTunes, ripped it, etc) such as FLAC, MP3, and more so just searching the extension takes a long time to load the results and I might miss some.

The purpose of this is to rename the songs that are incorrect, delete songs I don't like, etc. This weekend I am undertaking the organization of this mass of music. Then to back them up (I know how to do this part). And then I will reupload the corrected songs to my main Google account.

My question:
Is there a way to "unnest" files easily? They are all only one level down.

Thank you for any help! ;D

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Un Nest Different Types of Files, all one level down
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 08:28:43 PM »
This can be done with a batch file. I am leaving work in 3 minutes so I cant type one up quickly, but if anyone hasnt posted a batch file for you by the time I get home, I will type one up for you.