Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blu-Ray Player wifi issue  (Read 3381 times)

LLckfan

Blu-Ray Player wifi issue
« on: June 02, 2014, 09:48:56 PM »
I have a Magnavox MBP 5120 Blu-ray player that I am trying to get to hook up to my wifi everytime I try. Sometimes it will go though but most of the time I get DHCP cannot be acquired. I have moved the blu-ray player and it took four times to get it to connect without that error so I know where it is is not the issue. Connects just fine though the cable

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Blu-Ray Player wifi issue
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 11:05:11 PM »
Have you tried setting a static IP address manually as suggested in this  link?

LLckfan

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 12:26:00 AM »
Yes

LLckfan

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 08:46:16 PM »
If I set the internet type from automatic configuration-DHCP to Static IP it will connect no issue.

LLckfan

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 06:58:06 PM »
I had the Blu-ray connected to the wifi on March 8th (after trying 4 times) I was able to connect once after that but in the m9iddle of a movie got a network error. The router is a Linksys WRT120N. I have changed nothing except for what I said in the post about the Static IP and that was done after

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 10:16:36 PM »
Does it happen on both manual and static IP and DHCP/Auto? The only remaining suggestions are updating the router's firmware, move the access point where there is less interferences . Not sure if the Linksys router supports DD-WRT though...

LLckfan

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 10:11:53 PM »
The outer is maybe at the most ten feet away from the blu-ray player. I am not sure what you are aski9ng

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 02:46:38 AM »
Just to be clear on wifi issues is distance and interference or poor router signal broadcast. See last post previous suggestions also just in case.

LLckfan

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 12:31:39 PM »
The router is in the same room