Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: toshiba l300  (Read 2851 times)

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

toshiba l300
    « on: June 03, 2014, 04:05:31 PM »
    i have a toshiba satelite l300 laptop and when my laptop is on charger the screen goes in some colour and it's not functional and if i charge it i can use it on battery but i must charge it when it's off

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: toshiba l300
      « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 04:19:08 PM »
      if it's no charger it starts but after one minute the monitor goes black and again i dont have that problem with the monitor when i use it on battery

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 06:54:10 PM »
      Maybe this will be of some help.
      First of all, I have never worked on a Toshiba laptop, nor have I ever seen that problem on any laptop. Therefore, these comments are more conjecture then actual proven facts.
      The laptop ahs internal regulators that reduces battery voltage down to a level that is suitable for the laptop. When you plug in a charger, the voltage jumps way above the level of the battery. That is necessary in order for the battery to charge. Now it's theoretically possible that the regulators on the motherboard of the laptop can no longer adjust to the higher voltage that is normally present for in the charger.
      As I said, this is being stated without any proof that that ever happens. A more plausible explanation is that there is something wrong with the charger and it is putting out far too much voltage than it should. The laptop has internal devices that prevent the battery from being overcharged.
      That is the best I can possibly offer. My recommendation is to not try to use the computer while you have the charger plugged into it. Also, you should verify that the charger is putting out the correct voltage for your laptop. Even if you are sure it is the original charger, there is the possibility a component in the charger could fail in such a way as to increase the voltage output. Although that may seem unlikely, it is not. In theory, at least, a component failure could cause the charger to put out more voltage out than it  should.
      The cost of preparing your laptop may be more than you are willing to pay. Also, it could be, there is something wrong with the display, even though that seems unlikely. According to the information you have provided.
      The best solution may be to contact Toshiba and find out what services they have available for you and what options they will give you.
      Toshiba is one of the big makers of laptop computers and we would expect they take pride in their equipment. They may wish to do you a favor and offer your replacement Toshiba laptop for the wholesale price. Just a possibility.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 07:28:47 PM »
      Geek-9pm's analysis is probably the best we can give with such limited information.

Another possibility would be a problem AC Adapter itself.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 09:04:22 PM »
      Hi

Do you have a standard screen you can plug in to test if that stays on when the laptop is plugged into mains.  I suggest the back lite invert er is failing at high brightness. You can test this by shining a bright light down the display and see if there is a dimm image on the screen. If you want to test the invert er you will need one of these.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-Non-Contact-Voltage-Tester-NCVT-1SEN/100661787

That is an example

If you run the tester around the display to check the inverter is out putting if it indicates voltage on battery but not mains you will need to get that replaced.

This is what the inverter looks like

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=toshiba+satellite+l300+inverter&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=XYyOU8HvGoPzkAW1wICoAg&ved=0CEkQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=823
      You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 03:06:46 AM »
        i have tried with another toshiba charger and it keeps happening same so i guess it's not the charger that's making the problem