Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Shutdown quickly  (Read 2855 times)

goodaccent

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Shutdown quickly
    « on: June 05, 2014, 09:48:39 AM »
    I have Toshiba satellite C660-162 laptop. I cleaned every thing inside the laptop. When I turn it on sometimes it boots and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't I can hear the sound of the fan and I can feel the hot air, after few seconds the sound of the fan became louder then the device shutdown. When it boots, after few seconds watching the desk top of windows, suddenly the computer shutdown.
    Please help me. :(

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Shutdown quickly
    « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 01:00:51 PM »
    The computer is either overheating or there is a short circuit. Best thing is to consult with http://forums.toshiba.com/ and ask other owners if they had that problem ever.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 01:49:59 PM »
    Question I have is what make/model it is and did you remove any heatsinks etc, and if you removed heatsinks or heatpads if you applied new thermal compound?

eQuilibrium

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 09:17:28 PM »
      Obviously, sudden shutdowns are caused by overheating of your computer because you feel hot air. Hence, try checking the airflow in your unit. Make sure the fan is spinning and the environment is cool.

goodaccent

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 02:23:53 AM »

Thanks so much for the help.I cleaned the fan and put new heatsink paste on all the main chips. The problem unfortunately is still exist.