Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Netgear Push2TV PTV3000 HELP.  (Read 3853 times)

MP1975

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    Netgear Push2TV PTV3000 HELP.
    « on: June 10, 2014, 12:34:31 PM »
    Hello All ,

I just tried updating the firmware on the Push2TV wireless adapter my company recently purchased.
    Tried following the instruction in the booklet that came with it, nada.
    Tried following the instructions on the Netgear site, which differs from the booklet, nada.

I do get the display from my laptop, HP Envy Win 8.1, on the Vizio TV but it gets disconnected after
    a while and the audio is horrible. From what I've been able to find these could both be attributed to
    the firmware not being upgraded.

I was able to download the firmware on my laptop but it did not come in a Zip file as , to my understanding
    from the internet, it should have. I forget the file extension, just put everything away, but the file you
    need after you unzip the file you downloaded is the correct file I have.

I am also never able to login to the Push2TV using the IP address which is what you have to do to upgrade the firmware.

Any help would be appreciated.

As usual Thanks in advance.

MP.
    Dream untill your dreams come true.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Netgear Push2TV PTV3000 HELP.
    « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 04:49:34 PM »
    Do you know the IP this device is using? If its getting an IP from DHCP ( from router etc ) then knowing its IP you should be able to log into it if you have the correct credentials. If this device has a static IP then you need to know that to log into it.

If you are unsure as to what IP it is using you can find out by either looking into the DHCP servers lease table or looking at the routers lease info, or run wireshark on the network. Shut the device off and power it on and watch for its traffic on boot to detect its IP address.

Also the flash for devices like this can come in different extension names. For devices I have flashed in the past that dont come in zip format they come in .bin format.

Just curious as to what the extension format is of this device you want to flash?

Also was this device ever working correctly or just bought brand new and a problem from the get go?

Lastly do you have adequate bandwidth to support this device as for network problems can lead to operational problems, such as network conjestion etc?

MP1975

Topic Starter

Apprentice
      Re: Netgear Push2TV PTV3000 HELP.
      « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 06:18:22 AM »
      Dave ,

It's a static ip 192.168.3.1 When I try logging in using the ip address it times out. It's not going through a router i'm just adding a projector as it's called in 8.1 . Actually just duplicating my laptop screen on the TV. I believe that's called peer to peer ?

The file type is .SBIN

This was bought brand new and this was my first several attempts to upgrade the firmware.

This may help , netgear.com/ptv is where I got the firmware update from.

Thanks much for the help,
      MP.
      Dream untill your dreams come true.