Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to arrange my desktop to be a desktop computer AND couch gaming system?  (Read 4943 times)

STC

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
basically heres what I got

24" LED monitor
Desktop Gaming computer hooked via HDMI
a table the monitor is on with a chair at the table.
a sofa behind the chair
a wireless receiver to hook up my xbox 360 controller wirelessly to my gaming desktop.

but when im on the couch the monitor feels too small and too high (but the couch is only like 4.5ft from the monitor.

but if i put the monitor on a stand, then I cant use the mouse and keyboard sitting at the table, unless I got like a coffee table and wireless mouse and keyboard, but then it feels too far away and too small.

when I do browsing or play MMO games I want to sit at table and use mouse + keyboard, but some of my video games that are good with controller I want to sit on couch and play. so what would be the best solution here? im completely stuck.

heres a pic of the room and my setup - so what would you recommend thats cheap but will accomplish what i need?

~STC

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Suggestion I have is not cheap, but the best suggestion....

Larger Display is needed, such as if you have a 52" tv with HDMI, and video card with HDMI, plug system into that and use that.

I have a similar setup with a 36" flatscreen TV and wireless keyboard and mouse that I use with a spare system of mine to play world of warcraft from the comfort of my recliner. Prior to this I had an old 27" CRT TV with S-Video which was far worse.

The 36" is ok and works, BUT the text of what people are saying is very tiny to read. So its best to have voice chat going on in games with headset etc.

One of my friends has a setup with a Ergotron VESA display arm and so he is able to sit at his recliner and move the display off to the side and then move it in front of him so he has sit at recliner and have his display suspended about 2ft from his face in the ultimate game recliner. Ergotron arms are not cheap, but is the best option if you cant afford a huge flatscreen TV.

Here is what he used... you can also buy segments to add to make the arm reach further from the mount point.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824994063&cm_re=ergotron_arm-_-24-994-063-_-Product