Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AppLocale not working anymore  (Read 4011 times)

ovogui

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    AppLocale not working anymore
    « on: June 30, 2014, 08:19:28 PM »
    OK, this is probably going to be a long story, but please bear with me.

So,  a few months ago I started playing/reading a Japanese Visual Novel that did not need Japanese Locale. Sometime  after that, I tried to install another VN, but I couldn't do it even if I used AppLocale (a little program that lets you run an application with a specific locale without having to change your whole computer to that locale), so I had to change my system locale to Japanese. This is where the problems begin.

When I tried to continue reading the first VN again, it would crash immediately, and I found out that it was a registry issue caused by changing the locale. So I fixed that, and it ran, but the text would overlap, which means it was unreadable. I thought that maybe it was the Japanese locale that was causing that, so I tried running it with Chinese Simplified locale and it worked perfectly (AppLocale only lets you choose Chinese, Japanese or Korean), which was great.

But the day after that (today), when I try to run it with Chinese locale, it doesn't run at all. No error message, nothing. I tried running it with Korean Locale but it's the same thing. What could have happened? I didn't install or change anything between then and now.

BTW, I have Windows XP SP3 (old, I know). Any other information that you feel might be relevant I will gladly give.

Thank you in advance.