Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: red x  (Read 3040 times)

robert haltom

red x
« on: November 01, 2005, 06:39:55 AM »
On certain web sites like msn.com, there are certain boxes that are not viewable.  They have a red x in a white box in the upper left hand corner.  If I go to a web site that has charts they too are blocked.  How do I fix this.  I have cleaned out all temp files and restored the security settings.

GX1_Man

Re: red x
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 06:58:48 AM »
Are you on a dialup ISP that has Web Accelerator or some such gimmick? What are your security settings under Tools/Internet Options.

Has it always been this way, or what has happened that may have caused this?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 06:59:12 AM by GX1_Man »

robert haltom

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 08:04:33 AM »
security settings are at default which is medium but even on low I get nothing.  I am on dsl so I don't think that is the problem.  It almost seems like I'm missing some type of software.  Maybe I deleted it sometime by accident.  If you go to msn.com, the area that is highlight SPOTLIGHT shows up with the red x but none of the rest of it has a problem.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 10:49:37 AM »
Is this a new occurrence? Do you have your spyware/adware/virus scanners up to date and being used?

robert haltom

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 12:35:22 PM »
yes, I have spyware doctor and norton

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 12:47:36 PM »
Back to some earlier questions;

Are you on a dialup ISP that has Web Accelerator or some such gimmick? What are your security settings under Tools/Internet Options.  

Has it always been this way, or what has happened that may have caused this?

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 02:09:02 PM »