Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP xw6400 Workstation Won't Boot Up  (Read 4323 times)

dreamspinner3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    HP xw6400 Workstation Won't Boot Up
    « on: July 02, 2014, 02:31:52 PM »
    My husband has an HP XW6400 work station that won't boot up.  It either beeps four times while a red light in the front blinks four times or it will act like it is trying to start up, then stop, then start up again, then stop.  Once it got all the way into the Windows 7 is starting up screen, then shut off.  We have removed the RAM & reset it, but that didn't solve the problem.  Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

The last time he tried starting it, a black screen came up with different options rerarding starting in safe mode, repair mode, etc.  He selected safe mode & that is when it started having the above problem.

He's gone to the store to get a new CMOS battery for it.

Thanks!

Kim Rinde

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

dreamspinner3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: HP xw6400 Workstation Won't Boot Up
      « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 04:07:32 PM »
      The link you gave me did not work.  I have a friend coming over to check the power supply.  New CMOS battery didn't make any difference.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: HP xw6400 Workstation Won't Boot Up
      « Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 05:38:58 PM »
      To post long links you hit the link button...then backspace = then the link...close with the ] and type in a Title...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "