Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Acer Ferrari 1000 sound problem  (Read 3036 times)

acerferrari

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Acer Ferrari 1000 sound problem
    « on: July 06, 2014, 01:00:19 PM »
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum but would be grateful for any suggestions. I recently purchased an Acer Ferrari laptop from ebay and am happy with it except for one little niggle. When playing you tube videos and occasionally general music I have some interference with the sound. The sound will crackle for a couple of seconds and then subside and the crackling may return within a minute again for just a second. It's the same through headphones so I don't think it's the speakers. Also the realtek software is up to date and working correctly according to my system. I may be being too fussy but I don't have this issue with my other 2 acer laptops. Do you think I may need a new sound card as I've tried all the different settings as a process of elimination but without success.? Any suggestions would be gratefully received. I want to try and get to the bottom of this because the laptop has terrific sound without this occasional crackle and interference.
    Thanks,
    Matt 

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Acer Ferrari 1000 sound problem
    « Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 01:55:27 PM »
    You have made a reasonable effort to correct the problem. Yo0u have two other computers that do not show the same symptoms in the same scenario. There it is logical to conclude that your new device has an infantile failure. In other words, new gadgets sometimes break after leaving the factory. It is a condition that gets by the QC check  but is a real defect.

You must use the warranty. Troubleshooting down to the component level is so time-consuming that the manufacturer would prefer to replace the unit.

Yes, I understand you would like t o fix it yourself. But it is very unlikely it is merely a setting you can adjust. But I can be wrong.