Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Have internet connection but can't get online  (Read 4945 times)

Chefnstrike

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Have internet connection but can't get online
    « on: July 09, 2014, 11:57:14 AM »
    I got a nighthawk router a few months back I have it plugged In to the wall. My computer on one side and ps4 on the other side of the tv. I turn on my ps4 get online and play. Then on the 7th I was getting on to play the internet shows connected diagnostics all come back good. I have downloaded windows updates while this problem is going on but when I try the internet explorer I get a this page cannot be displayed ( yes I am spelling google right ). So now I tried all different options for downloading. I can't access any online unless it's the update and the computer runs diagnostics saying nothing is wrong. No setting were changed this just all of a sudden happened. I can't locate a solution for this. I have downloaded drivers from that day and re-downloaded. Still nothing. I'm getting to the point of wiping computer clean and re adding everything which will take a long time. Before I get a bunch of responses on how am I talking on here without internet I can still get online with other devices just not that computer. Any help would be awesome. Thanks I honestly think it's some simple setting I don t know about. I have windows 7 home premium sp1. 64 bit system. Mad fx 8350 8 core processor 64 bit processor. Ram 16 gig
    « Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:07:24 PM by Chefnstrike »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Have internet connection but can't get online
    « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 01:19:29 PM »
    Try this:
    Open a command line and type:
    ipconfig
    What do you see?

Also, try this:
    ping yahoo.com
    What do you see?

Chefnstrike

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 01:37:25 PM »
      I added the network setting so you can see no problems with internet. I am actually playing cod on the ps4 right now which is connected to the same router as the PC. Thanks for the quick response this is killing me haha.

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 05:10:33 PM »
      What protection apps do you have on the PC that won't connect and whens the last time you scanned fully ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Chefnstrike

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 12:11:14 AM »
        I had avg and malware and spy bot and avast. At the same time one of the subscriptions went out the problem started. It was avast. I went through and uninstalled them. I am not sure what else to install to maybe fix it.

Chefnstrike

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 04:00:29 PM »
          You can close this. I fixed it but I had to wipe my computer. I'm sure there was easier ways but I just wait that long with school and such. Thank you everyone that helped.