Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why this happens? Windows 7 Google Chrome  (Read 3240 times)

NewHD

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Why this happens? Windows 7 Google Chrome
    « on: July 09, 2014, 01:02:47 PM »
    First ---
    I did a screenshot of what happens to me sometimes when I open google chrome. Here is picture:
    I just opened a page and that happened. For example, the bookmark with "K" letter was red, now its blue.

So the colors changed and icons were weird. If I try to open new tab it shows same thing.

When I close google chrome and open it again, all is normal. It started coming out a month ago. I ignored it at start, but now it happens even more.

Also I got a problem with a malware site ru-minecraft.org
    My friend downloaded me free version of minecraft from there. Now that malware site comes up every time I open google chrome :(

I tried:
    -Changing home page to google
    -Deleting the minecraft and all files with it
    -I did go to "drivers/etc" and there were "hosts" file. I didn't find anything suspicius in there (I think), but there was one strange notepad where were writen strange sites, what mostly started with "ru-" and ended with ".org". I deleted that notepad but it did not help.
    -When I right-clicked google chrome and did go to propeties. At "shortcut" and "target" it did not show this (I changed it to this later, it did not help):
    "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
    But it showed something like this (not sure which one, I posted two variants cause I do not member it right)
    "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\ru-minecraft.org"
    or
    "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe/ru-minecraft.org"
    -I tried deleting in with adwcleaner. Best browser malware scanner I have ever seen. It helped me once with Ask Toolbar   and my friend with one other site.

------------------

By the way, ru-minecraft.org is showing up to me already for 2 years already! Now when I am little bit more experienced with computers, I started worrying about that & tried to remove it.

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Why this happens? Windows 7 Google Chrome
    « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 01:49:40 PM »
    I deleted your poll.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Why this happens? Windows 7 Google Chrome
    « Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 05:08:26 PM »
    I'd suggest a visit to our Malware section and follow the guide for Posting your logs...
    They are kinda good over there and it seems you may be infected...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "