Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2TB HDD not recognised on sata docking station  (Read 12967 times)

dgreen

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: 2TB HDD not recognised on sata docking station
    « Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 03:30:57 AM »
    Thanks for your input artbuc but people like you should just keep your nose out as it just antagonises 'jerks' like me  :)
    Lets all just leave it there and move on....

jrregan

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 10:22:26 AM »
      Wow! What a read. OP, you weren't to blame on any of this. Nor a jerk. A newb, *censored* yeah.

I would call the two 'volunteers' jerks, but due to their rating they _are_ clearly unprofessional. Not at all the type any guru site would want facing for them. Just hope they were reported, as all sites have managers.

Future calling!

dgreen

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 10:38:07 AM »
        It was all a bit of fun really. I never meant it to get out of hand like that but it's amazing how things can escalate out of control.
        we're all older and a bit wiser now..... I hope  ;)

Lisa_maree

Mentor
        • My first real computer
          • Yes
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 03:18:07 PM »
        Hi

If you removed the drive from a Western Digital My Book it is possible you need the usb to sata adapter board working to access the data. If so you will need to replace or repair the USB socket.  This happens as some of the drives need the interface to decrypt the data. If you can't find information  on whether the drive is encrypted, could you post the model and a picture of the interface board clearing showing the controller chip number and I will check.

Thanks

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
        ― John Bunyan

Salmon Trout

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 03:48:43 PM »
        Hi

This is a (more or less) 2 year old thread which has been revived for no good reason that I can see, by jrregan who appears to think this is a chat room, and who contributed nothing to the discussion, and who has made 2 posts, neither of which answered anybody's question, but seems to have a thanked score of 1, which makes me suspicious.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
        • My first real computer
          • Yes
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 04:01:11 PM »
        Thank you Salmon Trout.
        You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
        ― John Bunyan