Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MP3 Files  (Read 5189 times)

musicman

MP3 Files
« on: October 30, 2005, 04:45:20 PM »
Hello,

What software program will retrieve MP3 files even if they were deleted and not in trash bin. I am not sure if the old hard drive was formatted.
I had a guy work on my old hard drive when it crashed..he got it back up and running and when he transfered the files over to the new hard drive allot of music files are missing.  
Before the transfer of the music files before the crash of the old hard drive some of the music files were deleted by mistake. Its like a double whammy.... ???

I deleted some music files by mistake then the hard drive crashed and then MORE music files became missing when the transfer to the new hard drive happened..

Please Can Anyone Help.. I really need my songs.

Thank-you
Musicman

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: MP3 Files
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 04:51:09 PM »
If you deleted them, then they would go to the Recycle Bin... If they are not there, try searching for them... If still no results, then I'm afraid they are gone... The only way to get them back would be to rip them from a CD, or pirate them on the net.  :-/

[glb]Flame[/glb]

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 04:53:11 PM »
Pirate? Arrrrgh, matey!  :o :o :o :o :o

musicman

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 04:57:23 PM »
I read that a software called MP3 Recover can recover them even if they are deleted out of the recycle bin.
The other thing I read... Even if they are fragmented, this software can retrive them.
Is that possible?

I dont know? Never did anything like this before?

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 05:12:43 PM »
[rant] I'm totally amazed in this day and age that people simply do not use the utilities available on their desktops. Apparently nobody likes to backup their files (too time consuming; it can't happen to me; yadda yadda yadda). The fact is most problems can be prevented by backing up your data from time to time. Depending on Windows with it's Recycle Bin and System Restore (although both can be a godsend for some situations) is shortsighted. With a backup, you simply restore the files and you're done. Without a backup, you're SOL and dependent on events within the system that can make recovery impossible.[/rant]

Thank you for your time. 8)
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 05:50:32 PM »
Yes, it seems like if the files are THAT important, maybe a backup copy is not too much to plan for.

Back to the original question, I believe you are, in fact, SOL.

musicman

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 10:50:11 PM »
Thanks for all the great opinions and such great help....
I guess if we shoulda woulda coulda...none of us we be coming in here asking for help from all of the great computer experts in here....Right...

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 11:35:19 PM »
Well, don't get all negative at us. YOU were the one that deleted the precious files. You can pay for data recovery, but it is quite expensive and far from foolproof. You were lucky to get some of the warez back,  but this is potentially a learning experience. We can rub our hands together and say how sorry we are you did this, but that wouldn't help you any more, would it? Perhaps others can learn as well.

The software you mentioned is here.

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/Recover_Multimedia.html

Maybe it will help and it is only $69.95

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 11:35:52 PM by GX1_Man »

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
    « Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 11:46:05 PM »
    I, for one, am fanatical about backups. And it ain't rocket science.

Get an external hard drive, copy My Documents and your mail folders to it, and you're covered. You can even upload them to the net if you don't want to shell out for the hard drive.
    There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 11:51:57 PM »
      I never backup anything, the most I can loose is everything on my computer. *shrug*

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
        « Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 11:55:10 PM »
        I never backup anything, the most I can loose is everything on my computer. *shrug*

You should at least keep a hard copy of the SinBin, and store it in a fireproof safe.
        There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

Raptor

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 12:13:42 AM »
        I rarely make back-ups as well.

I am so *censored* certain of my l33t sk1llz that I don't have to.

musicman

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2005, 09:31:21 AM »
        Thanks for your input..
        As far as the negitive thing..Sorry to get on a rant here...
        I am not getting negitive on you or anyone else.
        Maybe no one that comes in here as told you
        GX1Man that you are very arrogant.
        This is suppose to be a place to come and seek help, not to be told what you should have done.
        Like I said before.... if we shoulda..woulda..coulda..
        No one would come in here to get your advice, or anyone elses advice in this forum.
        This place is called Computer Hope, thats what you are suppose to get by posting in here......is it not right?
        HOPE...that my dumb mistake or what-ever I have done wrong can hopefully be corrected...by advice from you and other experts in here.
        You are intitled to your opinion like everyone else.
        Most people dont mind someone saying hey you are wrong, but no one needs someone in any forum to be so arrogant. Sorry if you dont like being told this, but its the way I feel.
        I am not trying to start anything...just my opinion.
        Maybe the next time a newbie comes in here for advice you or any other of the experts in here will not make them feel like they made a big mistake in posting in this forum.
        If..... I am SOL...which is more than likely....thats life...
        Live and learn from my mistakes.
        Thats all anyone can do.
        Again Thanks for the info..
        Over and Out..
        « Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 11:45:19 AM by musicman »

Raptor

Re: MP3 File
        « Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 12:25:38 PM »
        Definition of forum

A public meeting place for open discussion.
        A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.
        A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.

A forum is a place where matters are being discussed.

This does not necessarily mean that matters will be resolved. If someone expresses their opinion, then you will have to accept that.

If you want a straight answer, call technical support. We're not called technical support anywhere.

We're the 'Experts' and you're the 'participating audience'.
        « Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 12:26:45 PM by Raptor »

GX1_Man

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 07:07:41 PM »
        Maybe no one that comes in here as told you GX1Man that you are very arrogant.

I've got to say that I consider myself the LEAST arrogant person on this forum. I am not sure where you came by this conclusion, but I am always up for a good debate about generalizations.

Come on folks. Is it the penguin????