Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Excel 2010 won't fill down  (Read 2745 times)

pokeyarw

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Excel 2010 won't fill down
    « on: July 16, 2014, 02:29:42 PM »
    I've got Excel 2010 on a Mac running Mavericks.
    I have recent upgraded an Excel file from 2003 to 2010 and it works fine.  However, I wanted to make a change to the file and cannot get it to work.  Several odd things are happening.

1. When I type in a function like "if" it does not change it to capitals though it does recognize it as the Formula Builder gives me a correct result.
    2.  The formula does not place the result in the cell, but leaves the formula there, though the Builder gets the right result.
    3.  The formula will not fill down.  Fill Down does not increment cell rows.  I have checked to see that "Calculate Automatically" is set and that enable fill handle is set, though I have tried all other ways of filing down and they don't work either.
    4.  Finally, the expression "=(address(row(),Column(m1),,,"Entry Form")" doesn't work, The Formula Builder shows all the correct values, i.e., 1,13,null,null,"Entry Form", but won't put an address in the cell.

I think these are all related, but have checked every option I can think of or find and can't get it to work.  Since it doesn't work right after startup of Excel and on a brand new file, it must be some setting or something like that.
    Help!!

IPDO

Intermediate

• Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Excel 2010 won't fill down
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 04:57:22 AM »
    I recommend you to reinstall Excel 2010.