Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Driver not working for network adapter (Windows 7)  (Read 3086 times)

jlens

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Driver not working for network adapter (Windows 7)
    « on: July 22, 2014, 05:57:51 AM »
    Hello guys I have a problem.  A couple of days ago my computer went to a blue screen for around 5 seconds and then it shut down.  It then showed me when  I turned it on that there was a problem and it gave me options on how to start it.  I chose last known configuration.  Ever since then my network adapter driver has been not working. That means I can't connect to the Internet. When I turn on my WiFi, the computer recognizes it but it says that the settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network.  Even if I use a cable and I directly connect it to the computer, it still does not recognize it. This is very frustrating because I need badly for school.  Pls help and thanks in advance.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Driver not working for network adapter (Windows 7)
    « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 11:17:34 AM »
    Many volunteers here want to help you. Some e more detail will help.
    What is the model of the laptop?
    How old is it?
    Do you have Anti-Virus protection?
    In the device manager, are there any marks  that indicate a failed device?
    Did you attempt to install the Wi-Fi again?

jlens

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Driver not working for network adapter (Windows 7)
      « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 04:30:38 AM »
      It  is an ASUS computer,  around 7 years old, it does have an anti virus (AVG 2014),   yes there was it was virtual box and Microsoft teredo but my parents told me to uninstall them. And yes I have tried but it still hasn't solved the problem