Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Driver for ACPI Device  (Read 6350 times)

bob_hayes

Driver for ACPI Device
« on: October 30, 2005, 10:43:42 PM »
When I start W98SE I get an unknown device on my netvista 2276 . When I look at properties in is a ACPI int0800. Any idea what it is? I assume it has to with power but dont find any drivers on the web so far.
This is that netvista 2276 mod 16u that I replaced the HD and loaded W98SE.Still havent got sound even bought a PCI Card and it still silent? The drivers that I downloaded from IBM was an update and did not make the onboard sound work.  I followed the memo put out by Lenova i/e remove sound devices restart hit f1 disable onboard sound and power off install card & load drivers. The only otrher card is a 3380 modem also updated Bios per IBM. This was an urgent update from IBM went ok. I have given up on sound just wondering about this APCI thing. MY restart option dosent work either are they connected?
thanx BOB
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 09:35:53 AM by bob_hayes »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Driver for ACPI Device
    « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 11:27:18 PM »
    bob_hayes.......Can you give us the exact wording of the message or error.........
    Have you just installed Win 98SE?
    Have you added any new hardware ?

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Clive de Villiers

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 10:20:32 AM »
    hey, i seriously need help!
    on my other older pc my device manager is totally screwed. if i go into the device manager it says my display adapter S3, standard floppy disk controller, MS Windows Sound System compatible, Sound Blaster Pro or Compatible (Sound Card) and i guess the main thing is my ACPI BIOS isn't working properly. here it says that its got a Code 2 : Windows cannot load the driver for this device, because the computer reports two ACPI.SYS bus types. I've tried to solve the problem by updating the driver with my win98 CD-Rom but it can't find the files it needs. my S3 says Code 24, the standard floppy disk controller Code 11, MS Wind Sound System Code 16, SOund Blaster Pro Code 28.
    Please Help!!!!!!! I've got important stuff on that Pc i dont want to lose!
    Thanks!
    Clive

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 10:45:03 AM »
    Is that a stock Net Vista or did you add any hardware to it beside the sound card? What is the full 7 digit product code - 2276-xxx?

After adding the sound card did you disable the onboard sound in the BIOS?
    « Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 10:46:06 AM by GX1_Man »

Clive de Villiers

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 12:16:45 PM »
    where do i find the digit code? is net vista like internet explorer? i dont use the I.E. on that pc cause it doesnt have internet.
    i didnt add any other hardware to it and it was working fine all along until the weekend!
    i moved that pc into a different room and when i plugged all the plugs back my sound wasnt working so i disabled the onboard sound, then it worked finde. then i plugged an i-pod into my speaker system and when i was finished with that the sound wouldnt work, so i tried to enable and then disable the onboard sound, didnt work. restarted, and then all of a sudden it told me there was sth wrong with my acpi device. i only had 16 colours and 640x480 pixels and still do. in device manager all my hardware was gone, kinda fixed that, now its just showing problems with the stuff i listed! adding to that it wont find my F:\ drive for my usb connection, tried adding the hardware but nothing worked. if i had my usb connection i could take all the stuff and put it onto this pc and format the other but i dont wanna lose the stuff on there!
    can you help me?
    that'd be great!
    Thanks
    Clive

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 04:28:29 PM »
    Well, I wish we had all of that info when we started. The last post contained so much more helpful info!

Can you get back into the BIOS and set it for defaults? I am not sure why you have a sound card added to it, if it already had onboard sound (and probably some speaker jacks on the back of the machine!)

MANY things have been altered in the BIOS and we will need to get them back as they were. RULE #1 - Don't fiddle with settings if you don't know what they do!

Enough chastising. What are the settings and the options that yousee in the BIOS screen, if you do not have a "revert to default" button.

The model number is somewhere on the machine - under the CDROM, on the back or the bottom. It will be right above a serial number, which has no meaning.
    « Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 04:29:01 PM by GX1_Man »

Clive de Villiers

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 03:15:36 AM »
    hi,
    my bad, sorry about that.
    this is what i found: machine Type 6862
    model No. 36U
    the S/N you said you didnt need
    NFG Date 007

Clive de Villiers

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 03:17:18 AM »
    hi,
    sorry about that! my bad!
    this is what i found : Machine type 6862
    Model no. 36U
    S/N you said was unimportant
    NFG date 007

Clive de Villiers

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 03:19:40 AM »
    hi,
    sorry about that! my bad!
    this is what i found : Machine type 6862
    Model no. 36U
    S/N you said was unimportant
    NFG date 007
    and NOM-018
    pressed F1 when it started, went into settings and set everything back to default settings. when i continued it had the same problems though. what shall i do from here?

GX1_Man

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 05:40:37 AM »
    A triple reply! :o :o :o :o

Did the BIOS upgrade go without incident? Have you ever upgraded a BIOS before? WHat happened that made you want to do this - some problems?