Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: All In one Windows Insatllation ISO  (Read 9326 times)

veasnayim

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    All In one Windows Insatllation ISO
    « on: July 24, 2014, 10:33:59 AM »
    Hi All,
    Can you help me or show me easy way how to Make DVD or Flash Drive of Windows All In one as XP, Vista , 7 , 8 and Windows Server together?
    I read some help on net but feel not understand at all.
    regards,

Salmon Trout

Re: All In one Windows Insatllation ISO
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 11:43:31 AM »
    This is illegal.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 12:09:36 PM »

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 12:11:23 PM »
    And why is it illegal?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 12:39:29 PM »
    And why is it illegal?

Because the EULA of each Windows OS forbids it, also the DMCA.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 01:38:07 PM »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act
    Digital Millennium Copyright Act
    The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a United States copyright law that implements two 1996 treaties of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). It criminalizes production and dissemination of technology, devices, or services intended to circumvent measures (commonly known as digital rights management or DRM) that control access to copyrighted works. It also criminalizes the act of circumventing an access control, whether or not there is actual infringement of copyright itself. In addition, the DMCA heightens the penalties for copyright infringement on the Internet.[1][2] Passed on October 12, 1998, by a unanimous vote in the United States Senate and signed into law by President Bill Clinton on October 28, 1998, the DMCA amended Title 17 of the United States Code to extend the reach of copyright, while limiting the liability of the providers of on-line services for copyright infringement by their users.

The DMCA's principal innovation in the field of copyright is the exemption from direct and indirect liability of internet service providers and other intermediaries. This exemption was adopted by the European Union in the Electronic Commerce Directive 2000. The Copyright Directive 2001 implemented the 1996 WIPO Copyright Treaty in the EU.
    Notice where is says:
    "It also criminalizes the act of circumventing an access control, whether or not there is actual infringement of copyright itself."
    Is that not clear?

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    « Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 03:34:46 PM »
    I'm not a lawyer of course but I can't see it being illegal if I understand what the OP is wanting which is a USB drive that can multiboot different Windows installation CDs.

There is nothing wrong with putting Windows on a USB drive to install (MS even provide tools for this), all the OP would basically be doing is having multiple versions of Windows on the same flash drive then some sort of bootloader to boot the desired one.  There is no modification of Microsoft's code in doing this - You are basically dual booting the installers much like you would if you were dual booting different versions of Windows off a hard drive.

This of course assumes that the OSs are all being installed with valid licences.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 03:47:04 PM »
    As far as I can see it's the multi aspect that violates EULAs. Multi DVD or multi flash drive, there are clauses that restrict what you can do with installation media.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 04:12:45 PM »
    there are clauses that restrict what you can do with installation media.
    There don't appear to be any in the Windows XP EULA.

The WIndows 7  EULA contains this:

10.   BACKUP COPY.
    a.   Media. If you acquired the software on a disc or other media, you may make one backup copy of the media. You may use it only to reinstall the software on the licensed computer.
    b.   Electronic Download. If you purchased and downloaded the software online, you may make one copy of the software on a disc or other media in order to install the software on a computer. You may also use it to reinstall the software on the licensed computer.
    Doesn't seem to exclude that the "backup" is on the same media as other installations, though.

That said, I highly doubt the OP intends to do everything above-board.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 05:08:26 PM »
    Something that is against the EULA is not necessarily illegal anyway.  If you and I have an agreement that we will only shake hands using our left hands and I then shake hands with my right, I may have broken our agreement but I didn't do anything illegal.

I have an hdd on which I have multiple install ISOs that lets me select which ISO I wish to load and do an install from.  I doubt MS (or any other company) has a problem with that but even if they do, my hdd is not illegal as I haven't broken any laws.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 05:26:51 PM »
    I'm intrigued by the left-handed shake scenario...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 05:30:17 PM »
    camerongray, read my post #5
    Even when  thee is  no violation on Copyright Law, there are restrictions on use of media. Therefore an IT department that wanted to make installation easier for technicians would have to run it by the legal department. Microsoft does have special provisions for an enterprise  that wants to install Windows or Office  on many computers at once.

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    « Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 03:49:03 AM »
    camerongray, read my post #5
    Even when  thee is  no violation on Copyright Law, there are restrictions on use of media. Therefore an IT department that wanted to make installation easier for technicians would have to run it by the legal department. Microsoft does have special provisions for an enterprise  that wants to install Windows or Office  on many computers at once.

I read that post which just seems to be a copy and pasted copy of a bit of the DCMA, nowhere does it say that multibooting violates this.  If you had actually quoted part of the EULA stating that this was forbidden then I would agree but not when it is just a bit of the DCMA that is completely unrelated to the discussion.

The way I see it is that the Windows installer is basically a copy of Windows (albeit stripped down to only do installs), you can dual boot installed copies of Windows, so why not the media?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 09:31:55 AM »
    Yeah I couldn't find anything in the EULA's that provided restrictions on the install media. The only one partly related would be network installs where it says that the Windows Install Media can be placed on a network server that is accessible to many PCs as long as it does not get installed on more PCs than there are licenses.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 10:33:33 AM »
    I think this is what I was I was trying to remember:

BACKUP COPY. You may make one backup copy of the media. You may use it only to reinstall the software. (Vista EULA)

The license terms for Windows 7, once accepted, permit you to make one copy of the software as a back-up copy for reinstallation on the licensed computer. (Microsoft Store)