Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Best Source for Double Driver  (Read 4143 times)

artbuc

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Best Source for Double Driver
    « on: August 10, 2014, 04:22:05 AM »
    Where can I download Double Driver without a blistering gauntlet of bloatware? Thanks.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Best Source for Double Driver
    « Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 09:57:34 AM »
    Do you mean this?
    Double Driver is a very simple and useful tool which not only allows you to view all the drivers installed on your system but also allows you to backup, restore...
    Free software is distributed as a promotion to advertise other products. With some exceptions. Everybody wants to make a buck.

artbuc

Topic Starter

Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 10:40:18 AM »
      Do you mean this?Free software is distributed as a promotion to advertise other products. With some exceptions. Everybody wants to make a buck.

I am a rank amateur but I have successfully downloaded lots of software. Sometimes I avoid the bloatware completely and sometimes it slips through and I have to uninstall. However, I can not download Double Driver. I have tried numerous sites and can never get to the point of actually getting it to download. I wonder if it is still a viable program?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      « Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 11:33:27 AM »
      OK. Here is an answer to your question.
      Others have made programs like that and you can try them. Some are  Open Source, which means they can be modified and improved.
      This list may have what your want.
      Automatically Detect, Download, Backup, Restore and Uninstall Drivers. Fix your Driver Issues.
      Double Driver 4.1 is included in the list.  But you might want to try some others. I recommend to do a scan of the file before you install it.
      Hope that helps.  :)

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      « Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 11:44:17 AM »
      Why do you need this program?  Generally these programs that deal with drivers will cause more harm than good.

If you need drivers then you should download them from the manufacturer's website, not use some random program.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      « Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 12:04:03 PM »
      camerongray, actually I agree with you. The OP is one of those would want to try another way to resolve a problem.  So I directly him to the best source I could find that was mostly free of ad-ware.
      Here is a blurp about one of the freeware thingsw they have:
      DriverMax is a new tool that finds and downloads the latest driver updates for your computer. No more searching for rare drivers on discs or on the web or inserting one installation CD after the other. Just create a free account, log in, and start downloading the updates that you need

You can also export all your current drivers (or just the ones that work ok) to a compressed file. After reinstalling Windows you will have everything in one place!

Most of the situations when Windows is running slower are caused by faulty driver installations. Windows stores all versions of older drivers just in case you want to go back; sometimes it messes up older versions with more recent ones. The Driver Backup option will only export the drivers you select by copying the needed files to a compressed ZIP file.

After reinstalling Windows all drivers will be back in place in less than 5 minutes - sparing you of searching, inserting disc after disk and losing precious time. The Driver Restore option allows you to install all the drivers that you exported earlier. The entire operation might take up to 5-10 minutes.

Just one single computer restart will be required after all drivers are reinstalled!
      From the above, this is not just another driver scam.  It is an effort to automate the process of keeping your drives in a place where yuu can find them when you need them. This can be very helpful for a n Administrator that has to maintain a number of PCs of the same make and model.

Again, I personally prefer to keep my drivers on a CD, SD card or  backup set. And I only download drivers from the original site. Still, if the OP wants to tr trust a third-party, that has to be his choice. 
      Just want to help.  ;)

artbuc

Topic Starter

Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 12:12:09 PM »
        Why do you need this program?  Generally these programs that deal with drivers will cause more harm than good.

If you need drivers then you should download them from the manufacturer's website, not use some random program.

I thought it might be a good way to back-up and restore the drivers on my S-I-L's PC. I have been reading as much as I can trying to ready myself for this task. Double Drivers appeared to be highly regarded. I have given up on this idea and will download drivers as you suggest. Hopefully most or all of her devices will be plug and play (is that the right jargon?) and restoring drivers will  not be a big deal.

As usual, I appreciate your responses very much. I would be totally lost without your help.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 01:12:40 PM »
        No matter the age of the PC the correct drivers will be listed at the Manuf. site....
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        « Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 01:24:39 PM »
        No matter the age of the PC the correct drivers will be listed at the Manuf. site....
        On some sites it is like pulling teeth.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 05:07:36 PM »
        I disagree completely...are you trying to discourage him ? ?
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "