Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 8.1 Malware & Virus finally removed!! Now Metro Apps Don't Work. Help!  (Read 6534 times)

soldbylinz

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Hello,
    I just went through an extensive, whole week Trojan Virus fix.  Now the factory installed apps for 8.1 do not work at all.  Calculator only works in the (I WILL REPEAT THIS AGAIN "Windows 7 "type" application.  I cannot access PC Settings.  When I click on it, the program looks like it's opening and then leaves a grey box on my task bar in Windows 7. Only right click close.  Windows 8.1 Search is the only one that works... which is odd.

Do you have a solution for this?

Thank you,
    Soldbylinz

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]

soldbylinz

Topic Starter

Rookie

Seriously.  Will someone help me?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      1) This is a forum not a chat room. Please just post your question and wait for a response.

2) In the meanwhile, please explain exactly what: "I just went through an extensive, whole week Trojan Virus fix" means. EXACTLY what did you do?

soldbylinz

Topic Starter

Rookie

I never said this was a chat room.  Sorry you're being negative today. 

I had a gnarly issue with a trojan virus as well as a ton of malware which more than likely corrupted the 8.1 applications..  Since I purchased my computer the Windows 8.1 applications have not worked and NO I WILL NOT GO BACK TO BEST BUY AND CONVERSE WITH GEEK SQUAD.

Salmon Trout

Sorry you're being negative today. 

He is not being 'negative'. He is merely explaining to you how forums work. You ask a question and -- maybe -- someone will read it who knows how to help, and wants to help you. Posting things like "Seriously.  Will someone help me?" will just make you seem like a whiner with an excessive sense of entitlement, and will make your chances of getting help smaller. Also shouting in capitals like you think we're all stupid.

soldbylinz

Topic Starter

Rookie

lol.  You are taking it out of context my friend.  I wrote a post about this earlier and someone in the forum suggested that I take it back to where I bought it and have geek squad and I was just stating that I wouldn't do that. 
          And the "Seriously" was trying to get someone's attention ;)  and see it worked  :P

Salmon Trout

And the "Seriously" was trying to get someone's attention ;)  and see it worked  :P

It got you negative attention. No help posts yet...

soldbylinz

Topic Starter

Rookie

You are correct.  :) 
            Well hey, when I get a reply for help that would be awesome.  What's really strange about the Windows 8.1 apps is only Calculator and the Search apps work.  I cannot access anything else.  Even PC Settings doesn't work.  Like in my first post with the screenshot, every application (8.1) leaves a little icon on the task bar and that's it  ???

blackwave

Starter

• Experience: Expert
              seems your account totally corrupted.
              try creating another user account.
              it will work.