Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My laptop is continuously re starting????  (Read 1960 times)

princess

My laptop is continuously re starting????
« on: November 01, 2005, 01:47:05 AM »
Hi all

I am hopeful that someone out there has more brains than I regarding this....My boyfriend borrowed my laptop & when it came back it is starting up yet a bright blue screen comes up & it says " system re starting" so it restarts itself again - The windows xp home edition page comes up then again 'the blue system re starting  screen' everytime.  I tried running the windows disk that came with the laptop. I have been through all the prompts & it gets to the point where it says do you want to recover windows, I said yep - It does its thing finishes and I am left with the same problem?  I know it is probably something simple?  Any thoughts? ::) :-/

Mac

My laptop is continuously re-starting?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 03:18:06 AM »
I am hopeful that someone out there has more brains than I regarding this.

My boyfriend borrowed my laptop & when it came back it is starting up yet a bright blue screen comes up & it says "system re-starting" so it restarts itself again.

The windows XP Home Edition page comes up then again the blue 'system re-starting screen' everytime.

I tried running the Windows disk that came with the laptop. I have been through all the prompts & it gets to the point where it says do you want to recover Windows? I said yep, it does its thing, finishes, and I am left with the same problem!

I know it is probably something simple?  Any thoughts?

Probably something as simple as doing a full re-install or dating someone else... :-X

Do you have data on the drive which is vitally important? I guess not ortherwise you wouldn't have let anyone borrow it.

What is the Make and Model of the laptop, as they tend to have different recovery systems, and what sort of recovery CD(s) do you have?

If the laptop has been bumped at all the RAM module(s) may need re-seating.

princess

Re: My laptop is continuously re starting????
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 04:49:36 PM »
Hi Mac!  :)

You could be right about dating someone else! :-[ I couldn't beleive it when I got it back!  :o Thankfully there wasn't any important information on there.  I have fixed the problem now, I just did a complete re install of windows, and spent a couple of hours re installing all the programs I had on it also.  Never mind.  Lesson learnt & all is well! Thank you so much for your time & help! ;D Greatly appreciated.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 05:03:14 PM »
Another solution by reinstalling Windows!!!

Sounds like Mac almost had a date, too.  :-[

Go2doug_cant_login

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 12:08:50 PM »