Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Palm Desktop - want to import restored database HELP  (Read 2666 times)

PalmReader

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Palm Desktop - want to import restored database HELP
    « on: August 25, 2014, 02:27:14 PM »
    I know it's old.  ::) Does anyone else still use Palm Desktop?  (I stopped using the PDA a long time ago, but I love the Desktop).  I've got Version 4.2.

Two weeks ago, when I opened it...6 to 7 weeks of calendar and contact data were missing -- plus ALL my entries no longer had any Categories that I had assigned them.  Just like that.  The day before it worked perfectly.  The next it didn't.

I retrieved a backup from Carbonite, and learned that I cannot import the backup...because that file extension is .dat - the only type of files Carbonite has been able to find.   All elements of Palm (Calendar/Datebook, Names, Memos, etc) have an extension (when exported) of .dat   However, the Pilot Archive file extension is .dba. 

Just like Carbonite, I do not see .dba files in any of the PALM folders on my computer.

Any suggestions from those of you still using Palm Desktop?  Would greatly appreciate it!  I'm resigned to not using the application in future.  But I would like to restore full database for reference, if at all possible.

Thanks.