Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gaming Computer - Components  (Read 2892 times)

EzekialRitchie

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Gaming Computer - Components
    « on: September 16, 2014, 11:45:51 AM »
    I plan on building  a budget gaming PC. I don't have much experience in actually building the PC, but I want to ask if my "Build List" will work and if it will run Computer-Intensive games well (Such as ARMA 3, Battlefield 4, etc.). The list of components that I have chosen to include in this "Build List" is in this paste bin:
    http://pastebin.com/nyAynHqb

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Gaming Computer - Components
    « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 12:03:33 PM »
    Not bad but I can think of a few changes:
    • Get a better brand of video card, MSI isn't that good
    • If you aren't overclocking there is no real point in the liquid cooler
    • The cooler will have thermal paste pre-applied, there's no real need to buy different stuff
    • Are you sure you need Blu-Ray?  This money could be better spent elsewhere
    • I would consider a better power supply such as one from XFX as these tend to be better quality than the Corsair CX
    If you omitted the liquid cooler and/or the Blu-Ray drive (At least for now, you can always get them later) you could spend the money to get an Intel Core i5 and suitable motherboard which would be a better choice for gaming when compared to the AMD FX.

EzekialRitchie

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 12:38:12 PM »
      Thank you so much for your helpful tips. Appreciate your time given. But, if you would not care to answer, what would you recommend for a Video Card?

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 02:11:26 PM »
      Just get the best you can afford really, the 270x is a good card for that sort of system.  Just bear in mind that at the moment AMD's Linux driver support is pretty bad so if you plan on running Linux at all you may want to look at NVIDIA.