Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: advice on my new build?  (Read 2314 times)

danhouse

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    advice on my new build?
    « on: September 17, 2014, 10:48:25 AM »
    Hi just wanted some advice on my pc build because I am new to it all. Just a few things i should point out which you might think are a bit strange, 1) I know the h105 is overkill cooling for this CPU but it looks so much tidier and better than a fan cooler which is why i've chosen it. 2) I don't think you get as much for your money with intel which is why i've gone for AMD, and i've heard very good things about this particular AMD CPU.

Constructive feedback would be nice, especially about the graphics card, i'm not sure how good it is? Also if there's any obvious bottlenecks in this build? Thanks...

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/gMGdMp

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: advice on my new build?
    « Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 08:18:42 PM »
    Some questions:

Are you planning on overclocking?

What is the heaviest resource game you plan on running on this and at max settings?

---------------------------------------------

As far as the build goes, it all looks good. The video card should be plenty.

I generally build AMD's myself vs Intel's. With using a Western Digital drive though, I'd save your important data backed up to another drive. Just saying this because I have had a few bad experiences with Western Digital drive problems.

The good thing with your build is that if later you need more processing power you can upgrade to an 8-core such as the AMD FX-8350. I have a newer build with a socket AM3+ motherboard and the cool thing is that I was able to place my Athlon II x4 620 2600Mhz socket AM3 CPU into it from my prior gaming system, and place a $10 dualcore into my old socket AM2+ gaming system, until I get a 8-core which i plan on getting when i have $170 to spend or a better deal on one. This then will allow me to place the quad core back into the old gaming system and retire the used Athlon x2 4450B which i have overclocked to 2.53Ghz from a normal 2300Mhz clock. Surprisingly that $10 ebay purchase for the dual core is able to play all the games I throw at it really well, although Skyrim is probably the most complex resource heavy game I have with World of Warcraft being the most frequently played game.

danhouse

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: advice on my new build?
      « Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 05:25:02 PM »
      Thanks man for replying!

Yes i do plan on doing a bit of overclocking i think, once i've learned how to haha, and for your second question, probably something like far cry 3, i don't know i enjoyed that game on the xbox 360... I look forward to rainbow 6 siege too that looks mint!

hope that helps?