Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP!! Disk drive dissapeared and states unallicated  (Read 2919 times)

angelvee1

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    HELP!! Disk drive dissapeared and states unallicated
    « on: September 25, 2014, 08:36:42 PM »
    Hello....

Im having some real computer issues and could sure use some help! As you can tell from my headline to the post my disk drive is saying unallocated. I know how to work around a computer for the most part but am still learning and by no means am I an expert so need it to be explained to me easily.  My disc drive has had one issue before where my son accidentally formatted it, but was able to recover the data using the administrative prompts (but at least then it would show up under my computer as a drive, it just would say that it was empty). It worked for a few months and I tried to use the drive a computer at work and it told me it needed to be formatted. I hit cancel and took the drive off the computer. When I got home to use it there was no longer a visible drive. It still makes a tone when plugged in, and the light on the external drive lights up but there is no drive to be seen. 
    When I go to disk management on my windows 8 computer it shows it in disk 1 as:

Disk 1

Unknown                                        931.51 GB

931.51 GB                                      Unallocated

Not Initialized

I talked to Seagate Backup support to try and get some answers and they told me that it was a damaged partition which if I wanted them to help me fix it was going to cost money. I basically hung up on them and set on a mission to figure it out myself. I saw a video which told me to get the software ezeUS data recovery software and use the option to fix my partition. I did this and still no change to anything, everything looks the same.  Now im stuck and have no where to go from here! hopefully someone here can help me get back all my family photos, and videos. I would like to get my disk to be recognized again, and still have my files on the disk. Is this possible? or am I SOL!!!!

- A regular Joe

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: HELP!! Disk drive dissapeared and states unallicated
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:14:36 PM »
    Did you follow the instruction from hardware wizard setup? http://www.partition-tool.com/partition-recovery-wizard/partition-recovery.htm

angelvee1

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 10:04:22 PM »
      I did but my version looks a tad different then that

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 05:12:40 PM »
      Hi

Perhaps try http://findandmount.com/download/

This is easy to understand and use and is free

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan