Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Curser shaking  (Read 2817 times)

CallMeJAS

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Curser shaking
    « on: September 30, 2014, 03:43:56 PM »
    Yesterday while playing LOL, my cursor randomly started to shake. I tried turning off my wireless mouse and re-plugging usb to see if it was mouse. It still kept shaking so I figured out that it was my touch pad. I put a little pressure on my touch pad and the cursor stops shaking but as soon as i lift my finger it starts shaking again. I found a setting to turn off touch pad when I have another mouse plugged in and this made my mouse work fine, so I am sure something is wrong with the touch pad. How could I fix my touch pad? My Caps Lock is also blinking and I have no clue what that means.

Laptop: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03930731&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: Curser shaking
    « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 04:02:26 PM »
    Turn off the touchpad when gaming.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

CallMeJAS

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 04:03:20 PM »
      That's what I am doing at the moment but that doesn't fix my touch pad. I have only had this laptop for like 1 month and barely use touch pad and its already broken?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 06:14:36 PM »
      Return it under Warranty then...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Scruff

Greenhorn

• Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 02:32:31 PM »
        If you're lucky, it may not be a hardware problem at all. A common cause for this is a little dust or dirt build up in the lens area underneath the mouse or even on the touchpad itself. Make sure this is all clean first (use a dry cloth for the touchpad). Cheap mouse pads can cause these symptoms too (poor design which doesn't reflect properly.)

If the problem continues, and the computer is still under warranty, the definately go through the correct channels to get it to an authorized service agent. Opening it yourself or taking it to the local PC shop will void the warranty every time - and all computer manufacturers are very harsh on this - for the simple reason that most shops don't employ anyone with formal IT qualifications.