Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound lost  (Read 2316 times)

freedomlass

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Sound lost
    « on: October 05, 2014, 11:03:49 AM »
    Hi I wonder if someone could help my DH, he purchased some new speakers yesterday and were working fine but what seems to happen is that during playback for some reason the sound vanishes and thinks it should be on headphones hence why he can't hear anything, he has now been clicking away to try and resolve it and now seems to have lost everything (sound wise) he says it's telling him there is no device plugged in, then the device is enabled and working fine, some of the options by clicking on the speaker from the icon tray at the bottom have now either vanished or greyed out, this is all my fault even though I haven't even touched anything, the only thing I told him to do on something he had open, which I couldn't see from where I am sat, was a button that he informed me that said properties, only to see what option where in there, he said there was nothing and closed it but it's from here, acording to him, that all his options then vanished, I don't have a clue what he has done, what he has clicked on etc. even he doesn't know  ::) can anyone shed any light as to what to try?

Why it's me that's having to search for an answer is beyond me.  >:(

freedomlass

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Sound lost
      « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »
      I have just been having a look and comparing his settings to mine and the only thing I can see is that in the sound settings it initially states that his speakers are disabled/unplugged but when you go into the properties it says they are working fine, the option to enable is greyed out so it can't be enabled and the speakers are not unplugged.............does this help anyone?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 11:34:57 AM »
      Which slot are the speakers plugged into ? ?
      Do they work on your PC ? ?

Any Yellow !!'s in Device Manager on his PC ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

freedomlass

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 01:27:04 PM »
        not sure about the slot bit but I gather it's the correct one as they were working fine when first plugged in, the problem was during playback the sound would stop but this was due to the sound thinking it was coming from a headset which it wasn't, it did happen before and he just clicked something and it was ok again, he wanted to stop it from keep happening and that's when it all went kaput.

As for the Yellow !'s, yes there is 1 which is under 'Other Devices' and it's the SM Bus Controller, there is also NT ativrv01 which has a blue ?

Rustys

Intermediate

• Escaped Mental Patient
          • Yes
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 01:52:38 PM »
        Does the sound start to play then stop?

Does the system play music (CD or on the system)?

he purchased some new speakers yesterday and were working fine but what seems to happen is that during playback for some reason the sound vanishes and thinks it should be on headphones hence why he can't hear anything
        Is this a issue with the speaker or the headset? With some systems if you plug in a headset it does mute the speakers.

"Confucius could give answer to that... unfortunately Confucius not here at moment."

freedomlass

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 03:26:48 PM »
          Yes the sound starts then stops as far as it is no longer heard through the speakers, yes the system plays music via cd or otherwise but as before only heard for a while, no headset is plugged in as we do not own any.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 04:13:58 PM »
          As for the Yellow !'s, yes there is 1 which is under 'Other Devices' and it's the SM Bus Controller, there is also NT ativrv01 which has a blue ?

He needs to download and re-install his MBoard drivers...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "