Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Budget Gaming Monitor Help  (Read 4327 times)

BAAZ123

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Budget Gaming Monitor Help
    « on: October 18, 2014, 01:24:12 PM »
    I was looking for a monitor that I will be using for gaming and came across the (Samsung LS24D590) http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/desktop-pc-monitors/monitor-projectors/pc-monitors/samsung-ls24d590-full-hd-23-6-led-monitor-22070271-pdt.html?awc=1598_1413659483_d4d4af89a75bb646a716cdb52cba5b91&srcid=369&xtor=AL-11&cmpid=aff~Skimbit~Sub%20Networks&istCompanyId=9a35962d-802d-4e67-9721-0a3328ca1f02&istItemId=qqpxmxaa&istBid=t

AND

The Samsung LT22C350 http://www.reevoo.com/p/samsung-lt22c350

I was wondering which one is better but also if there was another monitor in the same price range that better than both of them(Preferably a Samsung)

Thanks in Advance ;D

BAAZ123

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Budget Gaming Monitor Help
      « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 01:29:39 PM »
      BTW if there is one with speakers included that would be so much better  O0

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 01:54:50 PM »
      I agree with sticking with samsung. I Have bought their displays for last 10 years and only had 1 that died and I sent it back with RMA under warranty and got a replacement quickly.

As far as gaming goes, the specs they state are a good basis to go by in comparison between models, and if you want to know if a specific model is better than the other sometimes I look at the reviews for each model such as at newegg etc where there is a valuable amount of info to know about peoples experiences with that specific model etc.

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      « Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 02:37:50 PM »
      That monitor does look very good however I recommend that you shop around and check prices in different retailers and online as PC World are generally fairly expensive.

Included speakers are more of a gimmick than anything else, they are sufficient for office work and occasional use but if you are actually wanting to use the PC for gaming/movies/music they will not be that good, even a fairly cheap set of speakers/headphones would outperform them.

BAAZ123

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 02:21:51 AM »
        Well the dilemma that I've got is that the LT22C350 has a 2ms response time however the LS24D590 has a 5ms response time and No speakers while the LT22C350 does. and the LS24D590 is a newer model and looks so much better so I'm not sure which one to pick If only there was a Monitor that has looks and a good response time and speakers that would be perfect is there one that anyone might know of?

DaveLembke

Sage
        « Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 04:31:54 AM »
        I'd go with performance and reliability over looks. I also agree that integrated sound is not near as good as a real sound system, as well as some of the cheaper sound systems will generally be better than integrated speakers with display. With integrated speakers on all displays I have experienced of years past, they lack range and are lots of trebble without a bass range, so playing music sounds like its coming out of a $12 alarm clock, and explosions in games etc sounds like a low end TV set speaker set. This is why its best to just have a sound system seperate.

For myself, I dont really care much for looks. When I game the area of the screen I become one with and everything else in view disappears, so even if my monitor was ugly as sin, as long as it played the games perfectly, then there is no problem. I think the only ugly as sin display I ever had was a 14 inch CRT VGA monitor with a 1989 date code on the back of it that was propped up in a window from a prior owner, and it had a dark yellow tan transitioning to beige plastic, and that was back around 1995 with not much money and new computers still above the $1000 price tag in which I almost bought a Tandy Computer for $1495, but stuck it out with mixed and matched computer parts that I got cheaply or free. I think I had a total of $120 out of pocket tied into my computer and most of it was assembled from good parts from dead systems mixed and matched together with the 486 motherboard costing me $40 of the $120. This system definitely wasnt one to show off to friends to brag about back then, especially when most friends parents bought them whatever the newest model was, but I didnt have such luxury and this ugly system still allowed me to still game with them over dial-up connection or serial cable if computers were brought to each others houses etc such as Diablo when that first came out sometime in 1996..LOL