Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: explorer messes up i think??  (Read 2410 times)

Theo Wilson

explorer messes up i think??
« on: November 02, 2005, 04:31:08 PM »
everytime i get online after a few  minutes my desktop will restart or something but the interenet explorer scrren will stay open im not quite sure in the corner of the task bar the files i have open the icons will dissapear its really hard to explain then my computer  will go kinda slow or freeze up i have scannered for adware spyware and viruses and i always take care of them but it never detects virus

GX1_Man

Re: explorer messes up i think??
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 04:49:30 PM »
That's pretty vague. Can you post a picture or be a little more descriptive?

Theo Wilson

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 05:40:18 PM »
everytime i get online after a minute or 2 the computer goes slow for a second and i think the desktop restarts but the screens stay up and on the bar at the botton the little computer icon that says in connect and the netscape accelerator icon disappear and everytime 2 minutes or so after that it restarts or whatever it does all the time while im online i have scanned my computer for adware and spyware and ran a anti virus on it is all good on that part but that still happens

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 06:32:03 PM »
What are the specs of the computer? Has it always been this way? If not, what do you think could have happened?

Theo Wilson

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 06:51:11 PM »
specs? no it hasnt always been like that and i dunno how it could of happened

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 06:56:38 PM »
Computer make/model? Type of CPU? Amount of RAM? Which operating system,  etc. are  specs.

It is better to have some information than to just guess wildly about a solution.

Theo Wilson

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 06:59:15 PM »
the computer is right in front of me but its a hp pavillion pc with windows 98se and 64 ram

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 07:00:49 PM »
Does it have a model number printed on the outside of the case?