Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: mp3 problems  (Read 3879 times)

nuttynannynita

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    mp3 problems
    « on: October 05, 2014, 02:29:49 PM »
    Hi there,
         I've been trying to download some music off a reputable free music site. It downloads it ok but as html document, not mp3. They won't play.
         Is there a way to change it from html to mp3? Some1 help me out. It's driving me crazy. I'm on an Asus netbook, Windows XP.
         I have tried going on different sites but everytime it'll download it but not in the form i want it in. I'd b grateful 4 any help offered me.

Thanx,
    Nita ;)

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: mp3 problems
    « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 02:55:46 PM »
    If the music was free download and reputable, then they should be offering them as MP3 downloads. If your ending up with HTML files you must be right-clicking to try to save the music, but the music is not really for download but instead its there for online play only and your simply downloading the links that are in html format.

What music site btw?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 04:11:21 PM »
    All your doin is saving the links to the MP3's...
    Thats why they don't run.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Vakarian

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 04:29:41 AM »
      You either right click on the specific music file you're interested in and chose: save file as or check if there is perhaps another download button to get mp3. Whatever you do do not go into browser preferences and just save site as - this will create htm instead of mp3.

strollin

Adviser
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 07:40:42 AM »
      I've encountered quite a few sites that have free music (video too) for streaming on-line only.  Legally, they can allow you to listen to the music but can't distribute it so it's not available to download and save on your computer.

I'll use Netflix as an example.  They have licensed many movies and when you subscribe to their service you can watch movies on-line from their website but there is no ability to save a movie to your computer since their licensing prohibits that.