Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: keyboard and mouse not detected  (Read 3325 times)

rodel_frozt

keyboard and mouse not detected
« on: November 02, 2005, 06:07:55 PM »
hi!
i have p4 pc 400
windows 98
my problem is that i cannot press any key while the computer is bootig up! supposed to be that i can press del key to go to cmos set up! or F1.but nothings happen!
when the computer finish the boot up and it shows the winows 98! when i open the word application i can normally type!

but one time i decided to reset my bios by taking off the back up battery!and the bios definitely rset!but i have to configure it.but i cannot press any key!
now i cannot go any more to the windows!
please help!
sorry for my grammar
thanx again

GX1_Man

Re: keyboard and mouse not detected
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 06:21:08 PM »
Is this a PS/2 mouse/keyboard, or a USB or wireless?

Can you get to the BIOS and turn USB emulation off, if that is an option and you have a standard PS/2 mouse and keyboard?

rodel_frozt

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 06:29:40 PM »
my keyboard is an usb port! and my mouse i connect to the com 1 of the pc!last few weeks i can acces to the cmos set up and i can press del key!

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 06:32:56 PM »
I think if you had a normal PS/2 setup all would be well. At least that may be required to get into the BIOS.

Have you tried with a normal set? Does that fix all problems?

rodel_frozt

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 06:41:35 PM »
for now i do not have a ps/2 keyboard! maybe 2morrow i will buy! i hope i will work! but actually this is my first time it happens to me! i always use that keyboard to acces the cmos set up!i do not have an updated win 98 and i dont have a virus and spyware protection! dont you think it might be cause of an spyware?
thanx man!for ur time and effort!i really appreciate it!okay have to buy a new one!

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »
Virus and spyware protection is critical for any Windows based computer on the internet. Once you get your inpute devices working you might want to download and use Ad Aware, Spybot and AVG Free edition. All of these are free and you can do a google search to get them?

Where are you located?