Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: problem with removing software  (Read 2285 times)

associates

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    problem with removing software
    « on: November 02, 2005, 06:56:03 PM »
    Hi,

I have recently downloaded a 30 day trial software and installed it on my computer. Now, I decided not to use it anymore and would like to get rid of it.

So, i did the usual way by going to control panel to add/remove software. What happened was it took too long and ultimately i did ctrl+alt+del to see why it took so long and found it not responding.

Then, I went to my C-drive where the folder is kept under and tried to remove it from there (note: i have unchecked my simple file sharing already). Then, i had a message saying  "cannot delete abc.err: It's being used by another person or program". So, i went to made sure that everything related to it was closed. Then, did the same way again, the same message pop up again.

Then, i thought perhaps i should restart my computer. That way, every running programs should be terminated.

Once the computer was back up and running after reboot, i went to remove it from the c-drive. The same message came up again.

Is there anyway of removing this folder?

Thank you in advance

GX1_Man

Re: problem with removing software
    « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 08:03:17 PM »
    Can you do it in safe mode (F8 when you boot)? Sometimes there are active portions of code at startup so it cannot be removed when it is running.

If that fails, load the software again, then go to safe mode to remove it, through Add/Remove Programs.

Mac

Problem with removing software
    « Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 02:52:26 AM »
    What is the name of the software and which operating system are you using?

If XP, is it Home or Professional?