Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Factory Settings  (Read 3206 times)

dnoonkeste

Topic Starter

Starter

Factory Settings
    « on: October 25, 2014, 07:35:24 PM »
    I have a Dell netbook Inspiron and I would like to get it back to factory settings.  I have tried F8.  I have used the repair computer and nothing happens.  It does not show factory reset.  What can I do?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Factory Settings
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 09:04:29 PM »
    Have you already went to the Dell web site? The online help is very good, but you have to wade through the documentation. You need the service tag and model number.
    www.dell.com/support
    Even if you computer is beyond warranty, the web site still is very helpful.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 05:06:00 AM »
    You may have to inquire Dell about getting the restore media sent to you ether on a USB stick or DVD's. The process then involves booting off the media and performing the restore. Some vendors will send this free of charge ( usually when under warranty timeline ), and usually charge as little as $35 for the restore media set for systems that they still offer restore media for that is outside of warranty coverage.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 09:05:19 AM »
    Your computer might have a recovery partition on the hard drive.  This would allow you to restore the system to its original configuration without ordering restore media from Dell.  Try the procedure explained at http://www.ehow.com/how_7692685_recover-inspiron-mini-10-netbook.html