Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wifi adapter problem  (Read 2478 times)

deepshadow5009

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Wifi adapter problem
    « on: November 02, 2014, 08:10:24 AM »
    First problem:
    I just bought a laptop like two months ago. Everything worked fine for the first week. At the second week, my wifi showed limited access, and I cant connect to the internet. I would need luck to get connected. I am very sure it wasn't my modem or router problem, because it was able to connect previously, and other devices have no problem to connect. Maybe it is the built-in network adapter problem?

Second problem:
    I bought a usb network adapter. When it is on battery mode (No charger), and when I leave my laptop there awhile, like 1 minute or more, the wifi connection will show no internet access. It is like the adapter automatically ends the connection. I have uncheck the "allow to turn of this device to save power" and also set to "maximum performance" for the on battery mode, still no good.

Any suggestion?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wifi adapter problem
    « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 11:23:47 AM »
    For anything you just bought, you have to use the warranty provision. It is a knon fact that most consumer electronic devices can fail even withing days of purchase. The item you bought should have a warranty period of one year.  You mus act  now.

Do not suppose the Wi-Fi adapter is the only problem. Some other part of the computer may have made the Wi-Fi unusable. One example is a defective component that generates noise that will interfere with the Wi-Fi. It has been documented.

So you need to contact the vendor or the manufacture right away.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wifi adapter problem
    « Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 11:50:13 AM »
    I agree with using the warranty available. If you want to try to fix this yourself without voiding the warranty, you could create a recovery set for it, and then restore the computer back to factory settings and then see of the wifi then works properly or if its still broken. If still broken then use the warranty for replacement but if fixed, your all set without the hassle of having to get a replacement and having to get personal data off of it before returning it etc.