Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) sharing on home network  (Read 2406 times)

roxie2

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) sharing on home network
    « on: November 12, 2014, 12:57:41 PM »
    Hello everyone,

This is not a serious problem, but would appreciate your assistance. I have ADE on two computers using W7 and Windows 8.1 respectively.. I would like to have the same reading materials on each. How can I set them up so that when a book is added to one ADE it is automatically added to the second one? Both computers are in the same Home group.

Roxie3852

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) sharing on home network
    « Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 06:30:52 PM »
    Did you read the FAQ link? with regard to your query?
    4. Books can be copied from one device to another device. If two devices are activated with the same ID, purchased books can be opened on the other device. If the other device is not activated or if it is activated with another ID, a pop up window will appear to ask for ID when opening the purchased books. Borrowed books cannot be opened on another computer regardless its activation status. It is because that the loan token is not copied.

5. Borrowed books and their loan tokens will be copied when transfer (not copy, this is an ADE feature) them between computer and device (e-reader).

6. If the permission limits the books to be viewed on only one device, the copied books will not be able to be opened.