Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I want to build an EPIC Gaming PC Setup.  (Read 3581 times)

THE_JABZ

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    I want to build an EPIC Gaming PC Setup.
    « on: November 15, 2014, 08:04:39 AM »
    I have never built my own computer before. I want to start now and go all out on my first build. The past 2 days i have looked into it, i have some knowledge of computers and how they work but the more i look into it the more i get confused. Im a experienced gamer and i want to expand on my set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlG2p-6oVpQ

This video is what set me off on this quest. Money is not a problem for me, obviously dont want to be spending way to much then i should. I just dont know where to start. The looks of my set up is just as important to me as the build itself. So far i know for a fact that i want the curved HD monitors as shown in the video above. I have also chosen the case i want to use because of the looks and make i am in love with. http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/h440

I started looking around and there are so many different combos i can use, some a really expensive and just seem pointless in buying. Im really stuck on where to start and whats best for my set up. I just need a little push in the right direction. As i said i have only been looking into this for 2 days.

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: I want to build an EPIC Gaming PC Setup.
    « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 08:47:25 AM »
    Well, you first need to decide on a budget for the PC itself, impossible to do anything without it.  You could then use pcpartpicker.com to build up a list of parts you can link here.  Take care with bundles as they are often used to sell less popular/inferior parts,

THE_JABZ

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 09:30:50 AM »

this is what i have so far, looked at pc way to much today. off out for a drink. any help from anyone is much apreciated i will defo be back tomorrow and thanks for everyone helping me so far

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 09:34:02 AM »
      As I said here, we need a budget to work with and as I said on chat, LGA 2011 is overkill for gaming.  32gb of RAM is also very expensive so don't get that unless you actually have a proper use for it.

When it comes to PCPartPicker, link the "permalink" on the page in your post rather than a screenshot as it allows us to edit it and see it easier.

THE_JABZ

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 10:55:08 AM »
        As I said here, we need a budget to work with and as I said on chat, LGA 2011 is overkill for gaming.  32gb of RAM is also very expensive so don't get that unless you actually have a proper use for it.

When it comes to PCPartPicker, link the "permalink" on the page in your post rather than a screenshot as it allows us to edit it and see it easier.

budget, 3000 pounds willing to spend more, not really fussed. No idea where to start, if it killer for games then why is it a gaming motherboard? So confused. what your ideal set up be for that type of money?

On my thread on dead stuck on the 3 monitor set up and the case, i know i want them.

THE_JABZ

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 10:57:36 AM »
          Idealy i wanted intel but if AMD is a better option then i shall go that way.

THE_JABZ

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 11:18:58 AM »

camerongray

Expert
              • Yes
            « Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 01:54:56 PM »
            Do you actually have any intention of building this, £3000 but not fussed if more doesn't sound very serious, no matter how much someone has to spend, they will at least have a reasonable budget.

You will need to do more research into what other people have to get ideas for your own system, you can't just keep asking about random parts.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 07:25:36 PM »
            It's gonna be Epic.....
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "