Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to Select Ignore  (Read 2546 times)

NadMak

How to Select Ignore
« on: November 02, 2005, 03:02:41 AM »
I need to select ignore from " Cancel Ignore" in a error message box  ???!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Help

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
Re: How to Select Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 06:46:26 AM »
Who or what generated the msgbox? If you are developing a program use a popup which you can set to time out and take a default value. If you must use a msgbox, you'll probably need the Windows API for an auto response. If this is a commercial program, maybe some sort of a bot or even a setting within the program can do this automatically for you.

Blindly responding to error messages can lead to unrecoverable problems.

8)
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

NadMak

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 12:30:31 PM »
I need to create a batch file (.bat) to run a .exe & select ignore from a message box that is generated at the start of the "commercial" program

Sidewinder

Guru

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 07:18:14 PM »
I'll probably kick myself in the morning, but what program are we talking about? and what's the full text in the msgbox that you're replying "ignore" to?

???

-- Albert Einstein

NadMak

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 10:45:27 AM »
I'm using a program tha was made by a freind using Visual FoxPro 6, the program is giving me an error message at the start With "cancel & Ignore" if i click on cancel the program will and if i press on ignore i can start working on the software so i created a batch file to start the program and to press on ignore so i don't have to press it each time i start the software.
(it's a software about music students and their exam results)

Sidewinder

Guru

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 05:08:03 PM »
A batch file cannot do this. A script might be able to using the AppActivate method and then sending a keycode to the window. It might take a little detective work to find the correct keycode to send however.

Good luck.  8)

-- Albert Einstein