Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Playing online card games with friends?  (Read 10558 times)

lock2000

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Playing online card games with friends?
    « on: November 30, 2014, 01:21:05 PM »
    First of all, I know nothing about online gaming. The only games I've ever played on my computer came with Windows, such as hearts, , solitary, freecell, etc. I recently discovered the Internet Spades game where you go online and play against three other anonymous players (or a computer that kicks in if one or more leave during the game). It also came with W7, my operating system, I'd just never thought to use it before.
     What I'm wondering is if there is a way to play card games online with your friends. Say if you and three friends, who may live in different parts of the country, are able to go online at the same time and play a card game, such as Spades or Hearts, with each other? Maybe even talk and/or see each other? Are there any online games like this? Is this even possible? Before I retired I played cards with three friends every Friday night, and I really miss that, and just had the thought that maybe we could do it again, online. This is my first time posting a question on a forum like this, so if I'm way out in outer space with this, I apologize in advance. 

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Playing online card games with friends?
    « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »
    I have used yahoo Games for playing games with friends. Most popular game we play is Chinese checkers  ;D

https://games.yahoo.com/board/

ajb522

Rookie
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: Playing online card games with friends?
      « Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 06:15:09 PM »
      You could also check out steam for any multiplayer games, although typically you buy games off steam