Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba Disk Drive  (Read 3932 times)

Rsandor

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Toshiba Disk Drive
    « on: November 21, 2014, 02:39:58 PM »
    Hello I have a problem with my laptop and I would like to ask if you know what can be done with it. So it's a Toshiba laptop and about a week ago I went to reboot it as it wasn't working properly. I rebooted it and then I got a message saying I need to restart it to finish rebooting. I restarted it but it said restart unsuccessful or something like that. So I tried refreshing it, I tried restoring it but nothing worked at all I couldn't get into my laptop except the reboot menu. So my only option that actually worked was clicking clear hard drive. I did it and since then I can't turn on my laptop because it said no bootable device - please restart system and I can't do anything at all. I tried taking the disk drive out and putting it back in but it doesn't work. Do you know how I can fix it? Maybe getting a new disk drive? Thanks very much.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Toshiba Disk Drive
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 03:56:55 PM »
    I've never seen "clearing hard drive" as a Windows command...
    What exactly did you do ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Rustys

Intermediate

• Escaped Mental Patient
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Toshiba Disk Drive
    « Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 09:51:42 PM »
    clicking clear hard drive
    It delete the entire HDD information and made it blank.

I did it and since then I can't turn on my laptop because it said no bootable device
    That is because there is nothing (software) to boot from installed on the HDD.

Do you have a Windows disk for that system?  Try a repair and see if that fixes the issue that data may still be there but the boot information may be missing.
    "Confucius could give answer to that... unfortunately Confucius not here at moment."