Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Software Suggestion Needed for USB Video capture wildlife  (Read 2486 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Software Suggestion Needed for USB Video capture wildlife
« on: December 28, 2014, 11:58:01 AM »
Neighbor came up to me today and asked about if there was an ability to set his laptop with a USB webcam on it pointed out his kitchen window at the bird feeder and to capture recording video only when motion is detected by the webcam. Currently he sets his computer to record and it runs for like 5 hours and then he has to then play it back and fast forward to see what species of birds are feeding etc. He said that if the camera only recorded when motion was detected that it would make this so much easier for him. I have never messed with any software like this and so i figured I'd post it here to see if anyone has any suggestions. i have heard of people using similar software in offices as a security means to record when people enter their cubicles etc to find out who is stealing their candy from desk drawer or pens etc, but no idea what software package they used to record just moments where motion was detected and a timeout to stop recording when motion is no longer registered.