Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Norton  (Read 3092 times)

ramsey76

Norton
« on: November 07, 2005, 06:40:52 PM »
The company that I am doing some consulting work requires that my home PC have the latest Norton Corporate edition anti-virus software.to access the company website ( NAV 10. something).  They have provided me access the NAV software from their corporate website.  It downloads OK, but when go to install NAV 10 I get the following error " error 25002, the was an error loading NAVINST extension DLL".

Norton will nor help me because I did not buy the software from them .   The Company ( IT department)  I consult for will not help me since I am using my own PC and I am not an employee.

I did a google search on "25002 and looked at the Symantec website"

I did understand the solution.

One more thing i have NAV 7.6.1 on my PC from the last time I did work for this company.  I tried to delete the old verision since I though it might cause me a problem and I get the same error message.

I would appreciate any help ?

Thanks

TB

I also disabled my normal anti-virus program (mcafee) when I tried to download NAV

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Norton
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 07:12:11 PM »
I did understand the solution.

Then I suggest putting it to use.  ;)  Also, you will need to do more than simply disable McAfee. You will need to uninstall it...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

ramsey76

Re: Norton
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 07:28:42 PM »
My typo,  I did NOT understand the soulution

Thanks

Tom