Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop graphics capabilities  (Read 2262 times)

Gypsy_Joker

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • "Maths"- If it seems easy than your doing it wrong
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
laptop graphics capabilities
« on: February 03, 2015, 05:37:15 AM »
Hi,
My school is giving me one of http://h20386.www2.hp.com/AustraliaStore/Product.aspx?pdetail=P338897& to use for work and stuff but i can take it home after school and use it there etc..  I'm sure you all know how this works.

As you can see in the link the GPU is a CPU integrated one, which is fine for office work but i was wondering what else it can do in a gaming point of view, my expectations aren't high for this but i'll list some games i like to play on occasion and i was hoping someone could tell me if the laptop will run it at a decent framerate.

1. Minecraft
2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
3. Grand Theft Auto: 4
4. Surgeon Simulator
5. Garry's Mod
6. South Park The Stick Of Truth

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out. I have goolge searched it and couln't find anything related to my needs.
Me fail English that's unpossible! "Ralph Wiggum"

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: laptop graphics capabilities
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 02:16:54 PM »
The HD4400 GPU is obviously not a gaming GPU, as you've said, but it's capable of playing older games, or some newer games on low settings.
GTA4 is very optimistic, I doubt you'll get that very playable.
I believe the rest of the games on your list should be OK, you'll have to play around with the settings and see what works.  It helps that you'll be playing on low resolution (assuming you're not using an external monitor?  If so then you'll have trouble playing games at higher resolutions).  The 430 is a nice laptop, too.

I will however say that you should check what your school policy is regarding personal use and particularly installing software on that machine.  It really depends on their setup but in most cases I'd be surprised if this was allowed or indeed if you even had the user rights to install additional software, but different places have different policies.

Gypsy_Joker

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • "Maths"- If it seems easy than your doing it wrong
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 09:40:27 PM »
Thanks for reply :)

They have said that games and other apps are okay cos it has their anti virus on it.
I have no plans to use monitor so that does help.
Me fail English that's unpossible! "Ralph Wiggum"

vembutech

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 10:14:37 AM »
    Since this is not capable of playing High-end games if so the performance of that game will not be good better can try with other.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 10:46:46 AM »
    Ignore the above post.