Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to use two monitors 1 pluged in a Graphics Card and 1 with integrated video?  (Read 2929 times)

Canned Beef

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    Ok, i would really like to have two monitors setup, the one plugged into my graphics card (R9 280x) works good like it always has, the computer detects it. But the second monitor plugged into the integrated graphics on the mother board (GA-78LMT-USB3) wont work, i went into the bios and i am pretty sure i enabled the use of the onboard graphics.

P.S. I do know that they cannot be connected together and i know i cant, like play one game on both of them. But i still want to use it for like going on the web while in the middle of a game or for Steam messaging, etc.

P.S.S I am really getting frustrated with this so help would be greatly appreciated. :-\

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    The onboard graphics is automatically disabled when the card is installed.  Why can't you connect both monitors to your 280x?

Canned Beef

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

i cant cause i dont have hdmi or display port on the monitor i only have vga on the monitors (there old) and there is only one vga port on my gpu and one vga on my onboard graphics so any onther answers  :-\

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      There are adapters...you lose some quality but better than buying 2 new monitors...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Canned Beef

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

If i got a vga to hdmi adapter would i lose quality cause hdmi my monitors dont even get 1080p there 720/768

Canned Beef

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

its time for an upgrade anyways ill just get some new monitors

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          Go for it...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "