Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Remove Bing from right click menu and add on's  (Read 13617 times)

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

Remove Bing from right click menu and add on's
    « on: February 14, 2015, 03:40:33 AM »
    So have a huge problem that I can t find a fix for so posting here.

Its the worst search engine on the planet " BING " and can t get rid of in yet.

Its on the right click menu and then its in add on's as the default but its disable and I can t get yahoo to be my default when I try nothing happens so need help what do I do now : (

Thanks I so need the help 

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Remove Bing from right click menu and add on's
      « Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 05:59:48 AM »

Ok this might help somebody get it and has a fix will try to attach fingers crossed if it doesn t attach how do I get it on to the forum may need simple directions here goes :   Of course what else more bad news heres the posted error so what now  : (

(screen shot bing error.odt.)
      " You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are doc,gif,jpg,mpg,pdf,png,txt,zip,log,bat,bmp. "

Mist3rdisc0

Rookie

• Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 08:59:44 PM »
      Hi,

It sounds like Bing application(s) may have actually been installed on your computer, based on what you said (right clicking brings up a context menu regarding Bing). Try opening Control Panel on your computer by clicking the Start menu/orb in the lower left of your screen, now select Control Panel. Once opened, look for a link or icon that says (depending on your Operating System) "Add/Remove Programs" or "Programs/Uninstall a Program". When the window loads, you should see a running list of all installed applications on your computer. Look for anything that says "Bing" and click it once (left click, not right) to highlight it. A button will appear within the highlighted row to uninstall/change the program. Click the button and a new window will appear to guide you through the removal process. After removing a program, it may ask you to restart- choose "restart later" instead. Continue finding and removing "Bing" applications from your computer until all are uninstalled. Now restart your computer, and see what things look like. Keep in mind we may need to also clean out your internet browser, so do not dispair if you still see signs/symptoms of Bing. Just report back the condition, and we'll continue from there :)
      It is my intention to give back where possible through the knowledge I've gained over the course of my experience both personally and professionally throughout my life. I try to accomplish this in a polite, and friendly manner, as I too had to begin somewhere. :)

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 09:15:10 PM »
        Ok I never installed bing and its not on add / delete in the control panel and for starters MWB and superantispyware and combo-fix and Adw and FRST ; which are are snap to use can't find and delete
        " Search with Bing "  from the right click menu ! !

Use win 7 HP 4 gigs of ram and its 64 bit . . .

So what now ? ? ?   :  (

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 09:31:29 PM »
        It is a big problem.
        Here is reference:
        http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Bing-Off-Your-Computer
        When using Microsoft products such as Internet Explorer and Windows computers, Bing is usually made the default search engine since it is developed and owned by Microsoft. On a Windows computer, sometimes Windows Updates will automatically install a toolbar add-on known as the Bing Bar into Internet Explorer. Bing can be removed from your computer by uninstalling or disabling the Bing Bar add-on, and by changing your default search engine settings in every browser.
        Also, some versions of Windows are sold with the stipulation that Bing has to be the default. The OEM gets a lover cost on the system software.

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 01:49:55 AM »
          Ok so again how do I remove bing amazing still have gotten no answers !  !  !

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 05:50:16 AM »
          Ok so again how do I remove bing amazing still have gotten no answers !  !  !

You have gotten replies...no need to be rude.

You may wanna start by mentioning which browser you are using...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 06:23:16 AM »
            " You have gotten replies...no need to be rude. "

I wasn t ; only gotten replies that think bing is an active browser and like I said its not so guess the only way to get over the issue on this end is to post two screen shots that should get you over that hump once you see then you'll get it.     Tried posted screen shots 2 x but they are two big and wrong format so need
            directions on how to compress the shots to a smaller size ( ? ) then convert ( ? ) to an accepted format then post to here .

" You may wanna start by mentioning which browser you are using... "

window 7  HP  4 gigs of ram 64 bit and i.e. 11 . 0  .  .  .

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 06:28:42 AM »

And should add the pc wasn t sold with bing ; bing just popped up out of no where hum 2 weeks ago ; came across two other mal ware scanners will try them later today; they might find bing and delete :  (

Ops tried windows tweak and that found nothing so my hunt goes on .  .

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              « Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 08:24:10 AM »

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              « Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 08:25:19 AM »

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 05:31:46 PM »
                Ok looked at bought links and can not remove bing; theirs no avg from add on and can not add yahoo to that list as my default search provider.

But thinking maybe seeing how MS is shoving BING down users throats would think if I removed the last 20/30 updates that should finally remove bing ; since the more updates I accept the worse the computer is gummed up and runs slower .   

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                « Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 06:08:17 AM »
                I just removed it from IE11 last nite using the 2nd method...

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 09:49:42 AM »
                  Your links don t work Bing is not my search engine ; hum think I have already said that want to keep i.e.
                  11.0 and keep yahoo as the search guessing the only way you'll get it finally is for me to post screen shots but havn t gotten any directions yet;  you still aren t listening / getting my problem : (

Mist3rdisc0

Rookie

• Yes
                  « Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 11:36:33 AM »
                  VeryLost,

I apologize for this being as frustrating as it is. It's never easy when technology breaks down or acts in a manner that one doesn't expect. It's just as difficult for folks like myself to try diagnosing and walking someone through the repair process. I promise you that no one is trying to make this more difficult for you; we honestly are trying to help. You can expect that I will help you through this to my best ability, but I do ask that you try to remain calm as we go through the steps, keeping a solid focus is important when troubleshooting, and we (technicians on this forum) are depending on you to be the technician, as we can only walk you through steps to take to solve this problem.

With that said, let's get the forum screenshots working that you tried uploading. I noticed that the picture you tried uploading is of the "ODT" type (the file you uploaded ends with .odt). The forums here do not allow that file type to be uploaded (for security reasons). Instead, let's try to create a screen shot using a different file extension. You said you're using Windows 7, if this is correct, try following these steps to create a "forum-safe" screen shot:
                  1: click the Start Menu/Orb in the lower left corner of your screen (should be a blue orb with a Windows logo inside). A new menu should appear
                  2: click on or hover your mouse cursor over "All Programs" (located at the bottom of the new menu that appeared)
                  3: Find "Accessories" within the menu list- it should have an icon that looks like a folder. (Note: you may have to scroll down within the "Start menu" to find "Accessories")- click "Accessories"
                  4: find and click "Snipping Tool" to open the Snipping Tool (Should have scissors as its icon)
                  5: your screen will now have a white overlay on it and your mouse cursor should change to cross-hairs instead of a pointer. Use the crosshairs (by pressing and holding the mouse button [left-click]) to select what you'd like to take a screen shot of (kind of like cropping a picture if you've ever used photo-editing software like what you'd find on a phone).
                  6: once you've selected the snippet, let go of your mouse button [left-click] to save the snippet. You should see a preview of the snippet you created at this point- select the icon that looks like a floppy diskette - this is the Save button. When saving, choose a fileName and keep the ".PNG" in the name. It should default to the fileName "capture.PNG" - it's safe to keep this name and just save it as is.
                  7: now attempt to upload the screen shot you just captured using the Snippet tool.

An alternative (if you're only able to replicate the Bing problem by opening a right-click context-menu, you should have a "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, it may say "Print Screen" or be abrieviated to "Prt Sc" or similar. Replicate the Bing problem (this being the problem you're having with Bing), hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard, then open Microsoft Paint by clicking the Start Menu/Orb, then type out "MSPAINT" without the quotes. You should see "MSPAINT" with a paint brush icon under a heading call "Programs". Open this by clicking it. A new window should appear. Look for a clipboard icon in the top right of the new window that appeared- it should say "Paste"- click it. Now save the file by pressing and holding the Control (ctrl) button AND the "S" button on your keyboard. A save menu should appear- choose a name for the file and make sure the file type is PNG (just below where you name the file you can select the file type to save as. Click the drop down where it says "Save as Type" then find and select PNG (*.PNG)- hit save and try uploading.

Once you've uploaded your screen shot, I will look it over and reply with next steps. If you have trouble, don't worry! I will be right here to help you along until you get a solution that satisfies you.
                  Regards :)
                  It is my intention to give back where possible through the knowledge I've gained over the course of my experience both personally and professionally throughout my life. I try to accomplish this in a polite, and friendly manner, as I too had to begin somewhere. :)

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  « Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 06:30:18 PM »
                  Your links don t work Bing is not my search engine ; hum think I have already said that want to keep i.e.
                  11.0 and keep yahoo as the search guessing the only way you'll get it finally is for me to post screen shots but havn t gotten any directions yet;  you still aren t listening / getting my problem : (

My links do work...and i  don't need a screenshot to tell me the solution is wrong as i did it last night...
                  Perhaps you are not following the instructions properly...

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  « Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 06:33:13 PM »
                  guessing the only way you'll get it finally is for me to post screen shots but havn t gotten any directions yet;  you still aren t listening / getting my problem : (

This kinda says it all...Best of Luck.

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 07:57:45 PM »
                    Hum ok you don t have a fix got ya; and I can t figure out yet how to convert a screen shot into the right format yet to get it to post here just wonderful .

But I won t give up that easy ; since bing didn t come with i.e. 11.0; had this computer for 4 yrs now; thinking that M.S. is spamming users by way of  IE updates so thinking  ; its been two/three weeks since bing has spammed me; what if I delete the last three weeks of updates and the re boot wouldn t that remove bing ?

If not why not hum  ?  ?

Mist3rdisc0

Rookie

• Yes
                    « Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 08:06:31 PM »
                    Hi Verylost,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the format of the picture- like you said, don't give up! Now, I don't recommend removing the last 3 weeks of updates, because you'd lose a lot of critical updates in the process which would leave you vulnerable to threats- which believe it or not are worse than Bing! I don't believe that it would remove Bing either, unfortunately. Let's try to move past the screen shots for now, just for the sake of making some progress for you.

If I understand you correctly, you're using Internet Explorer 11, and are experiencing symptoms of Bing when Right-clicking (as in, when the menu for right clicking appears, Bing is somewhere in that list). And further, you believe there may be Add-ons of Bing loaded into Internet Explorer and that Yahoo! is no longer your default search engine. Is this all correct? If not, can you correct me on each point that isn't quite right?

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 08:44:44 PM »
                      Ok yahoo is the default but does not appear on manage add ons only bing is their and nothing else and guessing that bing can t be removed till I add yahoo to that tool bar list till I can add yahoo to that list ?

Have another idea but will slow this way way way down see it that helps : (

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
                      « Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 10:02:58 PM »
                      Did you right-click - Remove or Disable Bing from the search providers in manage add-ons?

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 11:10:47 PM »

Ok was thinking that maybe I need to enable bing then add yahoo as the default to add/on then that might allow me to delete bing does that make sense hum ?

patio

• Genius
                        • Maud' Dib
                          • Yes
                        « Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 06:19:30 AM »
                        It was included in a Win update...for IE11...so nothing nefarious is going on here...

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2015, 06:34:48 AM »
                          Knew that and never said their was but still want to get rid of it .

Must be a very very new update no more then three weeks old so what is the number on the update so I can delete which then deletes bing and bingo correct bing is gone ! ?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
                          • Geek After Dark
                            • Gekk9pm bnlog
                          • Experience: Expert
                          « Reply #24 on: February 17, 2015, 11:35:02 AM »
                          Here is reference:
                          Microsoft Updates Internet Explorer 11, Now Includes Bing Search Bar In The New Tab Page
                          Without any announcement, Microsoft has delivered an update for Internet Explorer users of Windows 7 and Windows 8 yesterday as part of the patch Tuesday updates. Instead of the regular security updates, Microsoft has added a new feature to IE11. This update also adds a new Bing search bar in the new tab page.
                          By pradeep on October 15, 2014

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
                          « Reply #25 on: February 17, 2015, 07:08:55 PM »
                          bing is gone ! ?
                          By right-click Remove, yes the add-on is gone.